Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By gijoe985
#313182 So, I have a vx hatchback and I just got it running on the road. I have noticed that it makes a ticking noise that goes along with road speed, you can't really hear it until you hit 25 miles per hour. I tried running the car in gear while on the lift but it did not make a noise. So I guess you really have to be driving. Any ideas?
By hondamonstercrew
#313183 kinda need to determine wheather the noise is coming from the front or the back if its the front id say check ur drives and maybe ur bearing too
if its the rear 90% of me says bearing if you can give more detail i can give u more info
hope this helps a bit :thumb:
By 92civic_vx
#313190 could be a rock or bolt nail ect.. stuck in your tire, check all your tires :?
By gijoe985
#313197 Almost certain it is the right front, but it is definitely the front. I've never hear a bearing tick like this. I've heard grinding and moaning, but not this sound. More of a tapping. I did pull over once and inspect my tires, but I should try again with it on the lift so I can see a full 360.

Any other suggestions to try? It threw me off when I could not replicate it with the wheels moving in the air. That's what made me think to check tires, but again, I should try doing a more thorough job...