Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more

Which would you choose?

25%
38%
38%
By FG2_Andrew
#312410 guys, i'm a little stuck here. this is an age-old question, but i figured maybe someone can help persuade me one way or another (or another)

as i'm sure, all of you are aware - there are 6,000 companies churning out lower control arms (front and rear). some are known junk, some are better than OEM, and some are right in the middle.

here's my scenerio:
- i have a daily driven '93 CX with a D15B swap
- i have Function & Form Type 1's
- i have OEM lower control arms
- i have BUSTED lca bushings
- i have a terrible ride to work every day thanks in part to the bushings (or lack-there-of)

what do you all reccomend i do?
1. buy replacement bushings and have them pressed into OEM
2. buy a mid-range price/quality LCA (i.e. Function & Form) and drive them until i need new bushings
3. buy quality LCAs (i.e. Function 7) and suck it up until i can afford them

i hate to be a broken record, but i think if we have one thread discussing LCAs with PERSONAL input, it'd be very helpful. *note* i said PERSONAL, not tell me what your buddy has and how you rode with him once.

i am leaning toward a mid-range product due to not having TONS of money to toss at a F7 setup or similar, and one day when i get another daily i can really drop some money on nice parts for my hatch.
By FG2_Andrew
#312411 SIDEBAR! i do NOT give a shit about what brand has cooler colors or limited edition stuff. i am looking for quality/price arguments!
By blk92hb
#312430 if you are going cheap route then get energry supension bushings. you will get both sides for the price of one stock, and they are stupid easy to install. what bushing is out, the inners, outers, or shock?
By 92egdxhatch
#312433 I've heard good and bad about the bushings BLOX uses, I've had them and had no issues.
By familyEGuy23
#312440 depends if your going to be using a rear sway bar if your not just stick with Energy suspension bushings

if you are going to put a sway bar DONT get BLOX you'll end up replacing the bushings within a few months i've had them before

i ended up getting buddy club LCA's they look legit bushings look like they're going to take a good beating :D

so
No sway bar => replace bushings with Energy suspension, save $
sway bar => buy good LCA, hole in wallet $$$$$$$$

before i got the Buddy Club's i was deciding between function&form or Blackworks Racing but for the price they were asking around local and few reviews i searched up on the internet made me decide to spend a couple more dollars on quality ones

hope that helps :thumb:
By FG2_Andrew
#312451 All I know is that I have some debating to do...

Also, the shock bushings are all but gone and the outside bushings are on there way out. And I will not be running a sway bar.. For quite a while.
By familyEGuy23
EH2_andy wrote:All I know is that I have some debating to do...

Also, the shock bushings are all but gone and the outside bushings are on there way out. And I will not be running a sway bar.. For quite a while.

Cool let us know what you get

Ps id get the bushings for the OEM ones :thumb:
Only reason I got mine was because of my ITR sway bar
By blk92hb
#312475 You can get a master kit and do the whole car for the price of aftermarket lca's. I'd replace the bushings and get lca's later
By bks84
#312657 Looking back I wish I would have just found OEM LCA's w/sway bar provisions than using the Blox w/hardrace bushings.

would have been cheaper in the long run.