Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By enzoferrari
#310720 Hello friends
I have an EG8 (4-door sedan) and I have some questions about rear lower control arms.

I'm going to get a Ksport Kontrol Pro Damper System and a Sonem Hard Bushing Kit for my car and I'm going to lower my car for about 1 or 2 inches. Maybe I could get a stiffer rear sway bar from DC2, maybe not. My car is going to have a K20A Type R engine.

Do I really need a lightweight rear LCA or not? Why? What is the effect of using such LCA?

How much is the weight of my OEM rear LCAs? How much are the lightweight LCAs approximately?

Function7 provides one for about $290 and Ksport provides one for about $180. The Function7 is lighter but I don't know how much it is. Which one is the most worth for the money?
By FG2_Andrew
#310723 OEM > all but if you HAVE to swap it out or want ballet parts, F7 is said to be the best.
By enzoferrari
#311063 Thank you but I need more specific answers. I knew that OEM is heavier than every AEM lightweight LCA!
By mADmAN
#311072 the weight difference are negligible for some...

problem is u might end up with sucky bushings on aftermarket LCAs (depending on brand)...and finding replacement bushings for aftermarket LCAs can be a pain (again depending on brand)

at least with OEM LCAs....replacement bushings are in abundance and easy to source for aftermarket or OEM honda. hence.. n considering the negligible weight difference...OEM>all

why F7 was mentioned is coz they have a lifetime warranty on their products including their bushings.. so if the bushings are torn, u can get them replaced. and their bushings are top notch bushings to begin with

brands like blox (which im using) has sucky rubber bushings which tear in 3-6 months...they do have replacement bushings but its the same piece of crap...so wats the point? instead of ordering that.. i had custom soft pu bushings made...and they are holding up well so far.

as to the question on whether or not u NEED aftermarket LCAs.. answer is no...with the OEM LCA u can get better bushings installed and it will prolly give u the same improvements handling wise with aftermarket LCAs

unless of course ur after the bling
By EJ1_MK
#311134 I wouldn't worry about the weight difference most people buy aftermarket LCA for sway bar attachments and for looks. Stock civic unless it came with a rear sway bar which is unlikely in the US then you almost have to swap over to an aftermarket LCA.
By FG2_Andrew
#311135 if you wanna cut weight, go on a diet and strip the interior of your car! haha

if you NEED new LCA bushings buy F7's as replacements or find someone who has the oem goodness with new aftermarket bushings or do have some pressed in yourself. but the hassle that you'll have with the LCA hardware doesn't warrant the 3 lbs you will save, IMO.
By Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty
#311855 Buddy club P1 LCAs bushings are awesome!