Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By couch_c
#304672 I looked at some aftermarket shocks and they all say stiffer than stock, stiffer sounds bumpier, I'm just barely learning about all the suspension components but all I really care about is a really good ride quality, not for drag racing, or time attack, autocross, etc. Just daily driving, If I can get it to ride as good as a BMW I'd be satisfied, stock isn't all so smooth. Any ideas?
By EJ1_MK
#304675 Luckly there are many ways to get to the same level as lets say a stock M3 or M series cars.

After market spring and a aftermarket shock. Rides good lowers the car helps with center of gravity etc.

-Eibach pro kit right around 500 bucks, skunk2 spring and shock, list can go on and on

Sleeve over coil over and aftermarket shock widely recommend for street/ auto x people that daily their cars

-skunk2 with tokio, or ground control with koni yellow. various spring rates on the ground controls price may vary

Then you go to full coil over setups which can ride nice or extremely stiff depending on what brand and level you want to go with.

-This can be function form, Skunk2, Buddy Club, Tein, Meagan, etc. prices range from 600-1500 depending on scale and what you are after.
By couch_c
#304713 I know that softer spring rates are not as bumpy as stiffer springs, but would that eliminate all the bounciness? I was also thinking if I had really soft spring rates and ran over a huge speed bump I could risk bottoming out, I don't care too much about height or coil overs and lowering springs, but what set up could help increase driving comfort and keep the stock height?