Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By PaNdA!!!
#303879 :? Replace whole rack or just get new inner tie rods?

I ask cause my steering wheel is loose and my inner tie rods are bent, as I was told when I got an alignment recently. Also, I saw the price of some inner tie rods[expensive ones] go for $150 each and then there's cheap ones with horrible reviews. Spend $100 less and I can get a reman rack and pinion from advance.

Car is a 92 with Manual steering.
By brandoff88
#303903 like everyone will tell you, you get what you pay for, and one place you DO NOT want to be cheap is the suspension/steering, mainly for saftey issues, but also for ride comfort, i would get oem tie rods from any parts store and probably look at your rack to see if you can rebuild and refurbish yourself, you still save money but have peice of mind that your shit wont fall apart on the highway :thumb:
By Punksz6
#303906 Sorry to hear that..But I hate when some shops tell you after the work is done!! Oh by the way your parts are worn out and need to be replaced!! Oh and after you change them you will need another alignment. I guess thats how they make there money.

Please get those replaced as soon as possible. If its the inner tie rods there are Diy's to help you out. Yeah the price is more than getting a reman rack but it might be easier than doing the rack.. Or you can also do like brandoff88 said and rebuild it.

Here's Teal Dx's DIY that is really great!! :thumb:

http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=13588