Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By 92civic_vx
#303584 has anyone used to lotek struts before? i cant seem to find any real reviews of them and i am looking for a cost friendly setup for my DD hatch, my coilovers are blown and are killing my back from the bad roads. even the smallest dips or potholes in the road are like a 10 foot drop off lol. currently i have emusa full coilovers that have lasted me about 3 years between my old sedan and the hatch now. i was debating on getting lotek struts with either the lotek spring combo or getting a set of coil sleeves to use with them. the struts say there is a lifetime warranty on them. with the spring combo it gives a 2.5 front 2.25 rear drop but i dont think that will be low enough for me lol. does anyone used these struts before or have a better setup for about the same price range?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-New-Lotek-Str ... b2&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-New-Lotek-Str ... 3a&vxp=mtr
By teal_dx
#303661 For struts + springs for $269, it sounds like you're getting what you pay for. I'd be interested in knowing more about the "lifetime warranty"
If it sounds too good to be true....
By 92civic_vx
#303663 thats what i was thinking when i got my emusa coilovers, paid $400 for full bodied coilovers and they lasted 3 years :? i did not think they would last a year. what would be a decent setup that wont break the bank?
By JohnRM
#303664 What I've learned from working at a parts store, it's not considered "lifetime warranty", even though the workers usually say it that way. What it really is, is "limited" lifetime warranty. What that means is that if there was human error or it was abused (road causes) they will not replace it. Another thing is that some of these parts have to be professionally installed for it to even have the warranty. So try and search up what the warranty on this strut/spring combo really is. Again, this is just from what I've learned from work and hands on experience with it.
By 92civic_vx
#303667 well the installation will be no problem as i am ASE certified and work in a shop. i just need something to replace the blown coilovers lol my back cant take this much longer.
By couch_c
#303676 I bought generic shocks off ebay too, but I wasn't planning on dropping my car, they said I get lifetime warranty but lowering the vehicle below 2" voids the warrant, and even so, lotek shocks will probably blow going that low.
By d-mon
#303698 i put a set of these shocks on my coupe about 1 month ago to replace my blown kyb's.
pretty nice ride with my junk2 sleeves.
By d-mon
couch_c wrote: lotek shocks will probably blow going that low.

these are about 1" shorter than the OEM size.
but 'dumped' will probably blow them, they are not very stiff.
By 92civic_vx
#303701 I was going to use them with the lotek springs or coils.
By couch_c
d-mon wrote:
couch_c wrote: lotek shocks will probably blow going that low.

these are about 1" shorter than the OEM size.
but 'dumped' will probably blow them, they are not very stiff.

A whole inch shorter? so with stock springs it'll be an inch lowered?

And does any one know how high stock height is? or how low a 2 finger gap is? It's hard to measure with coil overs, I should've recorded my stock height :|
By d-mon
couch_c wrote: so with stock springs it'll be an inch lowered?

springs determine the height, not the shocks.

the shorter shock is to work better with the shorter (lower) springs/sleeves/etc.
By 92civic_vx
#304216 i ordered them, got the set with springs not coils. anything has got to ride better than what i have.
By couch_c
d-mon wrote:
couch_c wrote: so with stock springs it'll be an inch lowered?

springs determine the height, not the shocks.

the shorter shock is to work better with the shorter (lower) springs/sleeves/etc.

but if the shocks are only allowed to extend so long it'll keep the springs more compressed bc of how short it is, at least that's how I have it pictured in my head haha
By d-mon
couch_c wrote:but if the shocks are only allowed to extend so long it'll keep the springs more compressed bc of how short it is, at least that's how I have it pictured in my head haha

but lower springs are shorter, so less compressed.