Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By brandoff88
#303093 so i am starting research on rebuilding my front end suspension with QUALITY parts, im talkin UCA's LCA's tie rods, possibly spindles/rotors/calipers, deffinitly coilovers (thinking F/F type 1's) and bushings all the way around.

i just need to know some quality parts you guys have used and count on, keep in mind i need a decent ride(not superb) but my wife an ddaughter will ride with me so yeah...any suggestions would be nice
By EJ1_MK
#303144 Hardrace are great, big thing is that if you street drive they are a bit stiff over a urethane bushings. The coil overs sound good heard nothing but good things about FF type I's as far as upper control arms really any camber kit will be good, and lowers you want to replace the bushings with the ones you decide to go with. Spindle unless you have a 240MM brake setup and want to go to the 260mm or 10.4" brake setup that comes on the front of the ex & si.
By brandoff88
#303198 well basically i want to replace everything but the steering rack and subframe, its all junk and i effed up alot of the bushing moving stuff and prying stuff to get my axles out and i dont want to jepordize my life or my famlies. ill probably end up getting another cheap civic for the wife so im not to worried about ride, i am going for performance with this car
By bks84
#303204 For a daily, I use parts store inner & outer tie rods, ball joints, for upper control arms skunk2 pro series, OE replacement bushings...

for my car, which is not a daily... I used Buddy Club RCA (lower ball joints), Moog inner tie rods, Hardrace Super Tie Rods, Hardrace bushings (all around), Timken wheel bearings, Nissin pads (for street driving Hawk HPplus for track), Napa rotors (cause their cheap)

I also have a traction bar, but it may go away depending on how the car acts on track with it.
By Punksz6
#303209 Suspension is so VERY Important and should not be overlooked!! I had part of my sub-frame rip a part on me ( check out my thread to see) and I knew I should have done a complete overhaul then. At least I caught the sub-frame rip before I drove more on it.. And after getting laid off and now watching and driving my babies around. My lower Ball joint popped out.. Again glad it came out at only 5 mph...

Please look over all suspension components or anything related. I am glad you want to buy great parts and not cheaply made. Hardrace is awesome and is a bit stiff but the quality is Great. They also sell the Front Lower Control arm's, unless you want to do it yourself and change out the bushings then they also have the hard rubber bushings.
By brandoff88
#303287 yeah i knwo what your guys are saying lol, thats why i want to drop probably another 1000 bucks AT LEAST in suspension on the front but i have another issue these three spots will not seperate, i have tried prying, pulling, hammering, wd40 and NOTHING works..

the last of the three pictures is where im at right now, i loosened my steering rack and got every ready to drop but (i think these are tie rods) will not come loose, i can see a little joint area where it looks like the "pop" in and out but i can t for the life of me figure it out :x i have tried everything is there a special tool to do this?

EDIT: i looked up some info and it says to "shock" the knuckle with a big hammer but its still not comming loose, WTF?!?!?
By brandoff88
#303290 ok so freind of mine is getting me a pickle fork to use hopefully that will help

EDIT: okay so pickle fork is a go....haha came out with ease, it really helps to have the correct tools lol
By brandoff88
#303554 here comes the fun....i figured out yesterday the hole drivers side suspension has stripped bolts...would defitly explain the torn axle boot....so now i have to deal with that but at least it was only one side..
By Punksz6
brandoff88 wrote:ok so freind of mine is getting me a pickle fork to use hopefully that will help

EDIT: okay so pickle fork is a go....haha came out with ease, it really helps to have the correct tools lol

:thumb: on the pickle fork and getting them out..

Sucks about the bolts...At least you'll know you have new bolts when your done...Oh and when I bolted everything back up on my Coupe I used Anti-Seize on all the bolts and threads.. :)
By brandoff88
#303637 yea thanks, again tools of the trade are a must sometimes, and yeah i plan on anti siezing everything that will be coming off and on and some point...im not to worried about the old suspension, because as soon as i get like 300 bucks im getting hardrace upper and lower control arms and then f/f type ones for the coilovers and then just need new rotors and breaks and then the front end is golden...but alas i need the 1000 plus dollars for all of it so thats the hard part
By egbeegee
#304318 Looks like your heading in the right direction man! I just installed my f and f type 1s and they are great! A lot of people say skunk 2 is great and x2 on hardrace being really good stuff. I'm acualy looking at the buddy club front and rear camber kit. A lot of people say don't go cheap on lcas but I'm gunna test out the f and f rear lcas just cuz I love the typ1 coilover so much so we will see! Anyway good luck man!
By brandoff88
#304388 thanks, and good luck to you also, let me know how those work out i was looking at those too but im not sure yet, and when/if you go with them get some pics so we can see what they look like all set up thanks in advance!