Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By jadeydrag0117
#302423 Soo i just came back from the mechanic.. i had him diagnose all my bushings and susp problems...

he found out that i need to replace my rear trail arm bushings....

Is trail armbushings hard to take out???? can i just hammer them out ??plus...
taking out the trail arm , will that mess up my alignments from reinstallation and stuff like that with just doing the job with regular tools??? not having specific pro mechanic tools..

anyways i dont know anything about trailarms so fyi's and explanations would be good if u guys have any...
By kel
#302424 You can do it diy but they are a pain to get out. I attacked the old ones with a hammer and other stuff.

You will need to get your cars tracking done once new ones are fitted.
By jadeydrag0117
kel wrote:You can do it diy but they are a pain to get out. I attacked the old ones with a hammer and other stuff.

You will need to get your cars tracking done once new ones are fitted.

how about reinstalling them?? is there any FYI i should know...i just don't want to take them off and reinstall the in-properly..
By rafaortiz21
#302440 There are many ways you can DIY this. I just got mine done last weekend and they are a pain in the ass. I took the trailing arms off and hammer one out, I was so frustrated that I took them to a near by shop and got them pressed in.
http://www.jmetz.net/hatch_bushing_replace/ [/url]
By jadeydrag0117
rafaortiz21 wrote:There are many ways you can DIY this. I just got mine done last weekend and they are a pain in the ass. I took the trailing arms off and hammer one out, I was so frustrated that I took them to a near by shop and got them pressed in.
http://www.jmetz.net/hatch_bushing_replace/ [/url]

okay thats what i keep hearing so far...i might rent an extractor for the job...

but as for alignment isnt there a way to DIY without messing up your alignent and stuffs?
By familyEGuy23
#302460 Why not try going where you went to get your alignment done before and tell them that your car didn't feel "properly alligned" since your last visit.
I've done this 3 times 2 at PepBoys and 1 at some local shop after I installed my lca bushings and slammed my car
By jadeydrag0117
familyEGuy23 wrote:Why not try going where you went to get your alignment done before and tell them that your car didn't feel "properly alligned" since your last visit.
I've done this 3 times 2 at PepBoys and 1 at some local shop after I installed my lca bushings and slammed my car

never got alligned my tires are all even degrees....... :D ...

they give u free?
By familyEGuy23
Abilliondollers_vtec wrote:
familyEGuy23 wrote:Why not try going where you went to get your alignment done before and tell them that your car didn't feel "properly alligned" since your last visit.

they give u free?

Yeah :thumb: :hehe:
By jadeydrag0117
familyEGuy23 wrote:
Abilliondollers_vtec wrote:

they give u free?

Yeah :thumb: :hehe:

swwweeet... 8)
By TrailerTrash
#302472 what kind are you replacing them with?
By jadeydrag0117
TrailerTrash wrote:what kind are you replacing them with?

prob megan..since its the only brand they have at my local store...im tired of ordering stuff online cause its to risky unreliable and a hassel to deal with when they mess up orders and stuff like that...people are assh#les