Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By rafaortiz21
#301661 Hello everyone. I am installing new trailing arm bushings and can't seem to figure out from which direction to install the new bushings. Do they go in from the back side of the arm or front side? Thanks in advance for the help.
By SL93ex
#301694 you press them in and out from the outside towards the center of the car.

If you're not running polyeurethane, make sure you clock them to your ride height.
By TrailerTrash
#301705 yeah in from the outside of the car is the way :thumb:

how did you get them out(sorry to threadjack) but im looking to do mine soon and I dont wanna remove the arms completely and I dont want to burn them out

im considering going with this hot knife idea
http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2735068
By rafaortiz21
#301741 In my case the passenger side bushing broke off on the freeway. That was easy to take out, I just hammered it out with a brass malet. The driver side it was in bad shape also but I failed with the malet. So this morning I took the trailing arms to a shop and got them pressed. My suggestion is buy the tool and do the job in 30 minutes rather than a few hours.
By TrailerTrash
#301786 what tool exactly?

i know there are tools(or you can make your own) to get the new ones pressed in but is there a tool to get them pressed out? arent they like molded into the trailing arm itself? or does it have one of those metal sleeves
By rafaortiz21
#301790 The rubber is attached to a metal sleeve. You can hammer them out but it takes time and patience, the two things that I don't have. :D

I got mine pressed at a local shop and they only charge me 20 bucks.
The tool that I was talking about is called Schley 65100