Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By jadeydrag0117
#301564 i installed coil-overs on my car a while ago, i haven't put any other suspension on my car so i'm all stock besides the coil-overs.

i'm riding approx. a 2.5 inch drop....and i'm wondering now does lowering your car do damage to any other parts besides the tires, (stock suspension parts)?

i just want to make sure i'm not riding around severely wearing out other parts cause i'm low....and the only thing i've heard you "should" get after lowering are cambers

but i'm fine with getting tire wear and alignments, just want to know if lowering causes any other problems.
By teal_dx
#301574 Other than blowing out your shocks, you should be fine at that height. If you go really low, the upper A arm can smack the front shock tower on bad bumps but at 2.5" you won't have that. Also read the sticky thread about not needing camber kits for some info on that :thumb:
By jadeydrag0117
#301577 i see, thanks man.

yeah i read the thread about not needing cambers a long time about :thumb:
By known
#301581 Lowering your car will cause pre-mature wear to other items in your suspension as well as wheel bearings.

You have to remember you are completely changing the original geometry, not a bad thing but keep it in mind.

Bushings, balljoints, and wheel bearings should be checked frequently.

You most likely will be fine, I daily drove a lowered Civic for 8 years so I experienced what items wore out faster after replacement than others, like bushings.
By jadeydrag0117
#301582 yeah i was going to do this anyways :) because i noticed some other bearings were worn out, thanks...

...so basically i should only start getting suspension parts if i get a stronger engine..