Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By jadeydrag0117
#300747 Going to get some cambers? maybe Ksport for my EG..
what do you guys think? going be riding low and all the way soft

dont know too much about cambers looking for some advice about camber kit choice for being LOW

advice will help me alot thanks

Abilliondollers
By jadeydrag0117
#300748 also wondering if my suspension settings all the way soft and all the way low will break the cambers?.....

if they do ill prob just adjust the height back up
By EJ1_MK
#300861 What else do you have done to the car? If you run stock ball joints you should and depending how low you want to go. I run -0.5 in the front and the front tire is under the fender. But I have every mod you can think of. But -1.0 or -1.5 would be ok as well you want to try to limit as much so you don't wear out tires but if you want to be dumped then you will have to run some.

I think like G-Rat runs like -2.5 up front on his.
By known
#300922 There are a few options you can look at:

Rear:

An Integra rear arm (where you would put the camber piece forgot the name) is slightly longer than a Civic's which would give you a little more positive camber. The old washer trick, you could always get a slightly longer bolt and space it out with a couple of washers to get the desired camber.

Skunk2, Wicked, Hardrace, it just depends on what you want. Im not sure if ksport is any better or worse then blox.

Im running skunk2 myself.

Front:

Typical camber kits, I would try to maintain the oem upper arms if possible. SPC sells some kits for that.

Im running omni power with the Skunk2 ball joints since they have the allen heads mounted from underneath giving a little more clearance from the shock tower.

My needs differ greatly from a street car, I used to run the Integra arm in the rear trick and the same UCA setup listed above when I used to daily drive.

Personally I would not run super slammed, you are going to wear out several components of your suspension by doing that. Tucking the tire a little is fine but any lower is not advised by myself.

Make sure you properly align the car after lowering and getting the camber set so you don't eat your tires up in a week.
By EJ1_MK
known wrote:There are a few options you can look at:

Rear:

An Integra rear arm (where you would put the camber piece forgot the name) is slightly longer than a Civic's which would give you a little more positive camber. The old washer trick, you could always get a slightly longer bolt and space it out with a couple of washers to get the desired camber.

Skunk2, Wicked, Hardrace, it just depends on what you want. Im not sure if ksport is any better or worse then blox.

Im running skunk2 myself.

Front:

Typical camber kits, I would try to maintain the oem upper arms if possible. SPC sells some kits for that.

Im running omni power with the Skunk2 ball joints since they have the allen heads mounted from underneath giving a little more clearance from the shock tower.

My needs differ greatly from a street car, I used to run the Integra arm in the rear trick and the same UCA setup listed above when I used to daily drive.

Personally I would not run super slammed, you are going to wear out several components of your suspension by doing that. Tucking the tire a little is fine but any lower is not advised by myself.

Make sure you properly align the car after lowering and getting the camber set so you don't eat your tires up in a week.

Agreed I run Skunk2 pro front and rear and haven't had any problems. easy to adjust and the skunk2 fronts give more clearance for dropped cars.
By jadeydrag0117
#300993 yeah over the few days after i made this post i came to the decision to get skunk2 over ksport i heard ksport is bad,
By TrailerTrash
EJ1_MK wrote:
the skunk2 fronts give more clearance for dropped cars.

how so? this might help me out with the no name camber arms i have pouding away at my towers
By EJ1_MK
TrailerTrash wrote:
EJ1_MK wrote:
the skunk2 fronts give more clearance for dropped cars.

how so? this might help me out with the no name camber arms i have pouding away at my towers

The skunk2 pro front camber kit has the bolts below to adjust instead of on top so it is flat which gives you about a 1/4 inch more clearance or more. I see a lot of people cut their towers out and they end up sitting as low as I do. I have never hear my upper control arms hit. and there are no marks from them hitting either. my front Coil overs are like close to being all the way to the lowest point there is only like maybe less than an 1/4 in before the bottom collar hits the spring collars.
By known
#301914 Mk is right, you can be cheap like me and buy the Skunk2 replacement ball joints and they fit in omni power UCA's....Im not sure if Omni even sells them anymore though.
By jadeydrag0117
#301918 when you make the cambers more negative does the car get lower at all????....like negative 2 degrees or somthing
By EJ1_MK
Abilliondollers_vtec wrote:when you make the cambers more negative does the car get lower at all????....like negative 2 degrees or somthing

No that is just the angle that your wheel is at. it will allow you to suck into the fender more but I would not recommend doing that.
By jadeydrag0117
EJ1_MK wrote:
Abilliondollers_vtec wrote:when you make the cambers more negative does the car get lower at all????....like negative 2 degrees or somthing

No that is just the angle that your wheel is at. it will allow you to suck into the fender more but I would not recommend doing that.

i see....

yeah i know what camber is....just wondering if changing the degree of the angle might make it lower.....
By EJ1_MK
Abilliondollers_vtec wrote:
EJ1_MK wrote:

i see....

yeah i know what camber is....just wondering if changing the degree of the angle might make it lower.....

It will allow you to go lower, if that makes sense but you will wear tires out much faster that way. depending on your setup a little camber might add to your cornering abilities as well. But it takes a long time to setup and figure out what is the correct amount for you the driver and the cars setup. There is a ton that comes into play.

I put my car on the alignment rack about 3-5 times before I have it set up correctly. always trying new things. Lucky I have a close friend that works at a shop that my car can actually get on and he does it for me to my specs.
By jadeydrag0117
EJ1_MK wrote:
Abilliondollers_vtec wrote:
EJ1_MK wrote:

i see....

It will allow you to go lower, if that makes sense but you will wear tires out much faster that way. depending on your setup a little camber might add to your cornering abilities as well. But it takes a long time to setup and figure out what is the correct amount for you the driver and the cars setup. There is a ton that comes into play.

I put my car on the alignment rack about 3-5 times before I have it set up correctly. always trying new things. Lucky I have a close friend that works at a shop that my car can actually get on and he does it for me to my specs.

well positive camber would def not be for cornering ....lol
By jadeydrag0117
#301928 but i get what your saying if you have fat offset/tires you can go lower....and i know what cambers are for thats why i didnt get them lol