Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By xjm92x
#300727 Yeah , the guy who changed my flat said that i have tie rod play and that i need to replace that so i took this video just to see what you guys think
By 92civic_vx
#300730 looks like inner tie rod play, could be a little of both. could not see the outter tie rod.
By EG Love
#300974 wow, this looks really bad to me. i don't know about others, but i'd definitely get that replaced, either inner or outter, i'm thinking inner since the whole rod is moving
By neo27ny
#300977 Yes that's bad. Pick up new inner and outer tire rods and change them all at the same time while you got it apart. They are fairly inexpensive and it's not a hard job. Sloppy tie rods can cause all sorts of problems.
By 95eg4door
#302839 does ur steering wheel shake while driving??
By xjm92x
#303081 yes it rumbles while going 40+ mph
By suspendedHatch
#303118 I can't tell cuz the camera is moving too much. With the wheels off the ground, grasp the wheel at the top and bottom. It should not rock at all. If it does, tighten the axle nut down until the wheel bearing bottoms out. You will have to put the wheel on the ground but still have most of the weight of the car jacked up. You just want to stop the wheel from rotating but you need to allow the hub to tighten down. Then get a breaker bar and put all your weight on it tightening down the axle nut. You will feel the wheel bearing seat down.

If that doesn't fix it then you could have bad ball joints or a bad wheel bearing.

Some movement from side to side is allowable play in the steering but it should not be excessive.
By bks84
#303207 I dont know how anyone is saying "yea thats bad tie rod", when you cant even tell how he's grabbing the wheel.

thank goodness for suspendedhatch, at least he told him how to properly check it.