Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By stuckagain
#300496 Im in the market for a bushing kit. Can someone point me in the right direction for a good quality kit that includes every suspension bushing? Ive been looking at energy suspension but they dont include alot of the bushings. Thanks a bunch in advance!! :thumb:
By EJ1_MK
#300500 I don't think that there is a company that makes a complete bushing kit, you have to order the extras with them all. But the energy suspension kit is the most complete I think the only things missing might be the steering rack, and the sway bar since the dx, cx, vx didn't come with sway bars up front and they do not make a manual rack bushing kit.

But there is hard race, prothane, and energy suspension are the only ones I know of that do kits that take care of most of it.
By stuckagain
#300513 The Energy susp. kit comes with steering rack bushings and end links but It does not come with rear toe bushing, trailing arm bushings ect. ect. Have you or anyone heard or used HARDRACE bushings. They make a kit I founf that is 95% complete! I just want to make sure the company isnt some china garbage.
By EJ1_MK
#300521 Yeah I run Hard race on my car and love them. can not complain at all but they are quite a bit stiffer than a poly bushing.
By teal_dx
#300535 The Energy Suspension Master kit I bought had every bushing except for the 2 giant trailing arm bushings, which you can buy those two separate.
Steering rack bushings were included and so were sway bar end links and shift linkage bushings.
By stuckagain
teal_dx wrote:The Energy Suspension Master kit I bought had every bushing except for the 2 giant trailing arm bushings, which you can buy those two separate.
Steering rack bushings were included and so were sway bar end links and shift linkage bushings.

What about compliance bushings? Every site Ive looked at energy suspension kits the include, front and rear lca bushings, shift linkage, sway links, steering rack, and tie rod boots. Im leaning towards the Hardrace kit as of now...

EJI MK: How many miles have you put on the Hardrace bushings?
By EJ1_MK
#300593 Oh I really could not tell you, I did it last year around this time and parked the car back in October so maybe around 2000 miles easy possible more. I just got done checking them all in the last few weeks and they are just like they were when I pulled them out of the box, stiff as ever.
By bigpunn421
#300664 i have energy suspension poly bushes in my eg8 and i love them. huge difference over stock worn bushings.
By bks84
#300672 Hardrace bushings here, bought the complete kit. LCA bushings, UCA bushings, Toe arm, camber arm, RTA's, compliance bushings. Everything.

Definitely worth it. Never experienced ES or poly bushings, but considering how great the Hardrace pieces have been, I dont think I'll ever have to.
By stuckagain
bks84 wrote:Hardrace bushings here, bought the complete kit. LCA bushings, UCA bushings, Toe arm, camber arm, RTA's, compliance bushings. Everything.

Definitely worth it. Never experienced ES or poly bushings, but considering how great the Hardrace pieces have been, I dont think I'll ever have to.

How long have you been running them? Or miles put on them? Take abuse good?
By bks84
stuckagain wrote:
bks84 wrote:Hardrace bushings here, bought the complete kit. LCA bushings, UCA bushings, Toe arm, camber arm, RTA's, compliance bushings. Everything.

How long have you been running them? Or miles put on them? Take abuse good?

15k total I'd say. Saw 4 auto-x events and DD use. I recently pulled the suspension out to to replace a few other pieces and upon inspection they look as good as new.
By illason
#301901 How much do you think it will cost to have a shop replace them all? I don't even want to attempt this.
By bks84
#301922 Are you friends with any of the local shops? to have the bushings replaced in the front LCA's and rear trailing arms I paid $20.

if thats not a good estimate, pick up the phone and call some local shops.