Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By rak511
#299702 Alrite. Like title says im lowering my car. I havnt rlly done to much research into this, but from what ive read im gonna need new struts, and springs... Also wats the difference between coilovers and just lowering springs? And also will i need a front camber kit, i already have the rear.
By newyorkhatch
#299705 coilovers are pretty much adjustable springs but connected to the strut that is made to lower the car without destroying the ride quality..be prepared to spend upwards of 400-500 for a decent set unless you go ebay in which it will ride like a hay wagon.
By rak511
#299707 So should i look for coilovers or springs? And wat if i find them used pretty cheap?
By 706josh
#299711 Springs are cheaper but you won't get to adjust the height of your car. You can get a decent set of coilover sleeves for around $200-$300. Just be careful using either of these with stock struts. They aren't meant to handle the car sitting lower so there is a chance they'll blow out.

Now if you can afford it, you could get full-bodied coilovers which will run you around $800-$1000 for a decent set.

I've been looking to lower my car as well so I've been reading up on this subject. Here is a good thread to read to learn more about suspension setups: http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=1683 :thumb:
By rak511
#299712 Alrite.. Thanks!
By familyEGuy23
#299714 What are you going to be using it for? The track, just daily driving, daily driver with occasionally weekend track?

EBay coilover sleeves are junk
:thumbdown: stay away if possible
Full body coilover are more pricey but handle better and can adjust height[/u]
By mitch6
#299720 coilovers are the way to go! (NOT Ebay ones as mentioned several times above)

It really all depends on how stiff and low you want your ride to be, my old eg9 (no one knows about hahaha!! wasn't on the site at the time) had just aftermarket struts and springs. It was riding on tein springs + Tokico Illumina struts. Gave the car about a 1.5" drop and was surprisingly quite comfortable.

If you want something that is cheap and comfortable, (dont want to spend so much on coilovers) for Daily Driving and should last, I can suggest some Tokico Blue HP struts (around $300 shipped I think) and some Tein S-Tech springs. That will give you a 1.5" drop, comfort and its quite affordable for the quality parts you are buying. This set up will cost around $500?

Or buy some good coilovers for $800-1000 and adjust the height whatever way you want!

:thumb: :thumb:

This was my old set-up:

By drivehrideh
#299734 I am running ebay coilovers on mine until i get the money for good ones doesnt rde to bad alot better than my f250
By rak511
#299757 Ya... its just a daily driver... im looking for as cheap as possible without going to ebay... but im looking to drop mine about 2 to 2.25 inches... wat do u guys suggest for that much of a drop?
By drivehrideh
rak511 wrote:Ya... its just a daily driver... im looking for as cheap as possible without going to ebay... but im looking to drop mine about 2 to 2.25 inches... wat do u guys suggest for that much of a drop?

I am on eBay coilivers and there not bad as long as you don't slams them out
By rak511
#299812 So ebay coilovers wuld be good for a like max of 2.25 inch drop? At least until i can get a better job to get better 1s?
By 706josh
#299850 From what I understand, eBay coilovers work pretty well for a while but then they start to wear out and ride like crap. Have a look at these: http://www.meganracing.com/product_deta ... 9&catid=47

Not bad for $170 and I've read nothing but positive reviews on them. Probably what I'm gonna put on my car.
By EJ1_MK
#299915 Just make sure if you go with spring or sleeve over coil overs to get shocks you can ride on stock struts if you get springs like an eibach pro kit but if you go with sport lines or any other spring you will want to get struts other wise you will get about 6 months out of the stock ones if they are in good shape before they blow out. There are many good set ups for Daily use.
By newyorkhatch
#299916 I got a full set of megan racing 1.75 inch drop lowering springs for 195 shipped. Would recommend to anyone. Fairly cheap and ride good no bounce.