Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By 95cpeEX
#298767 ok so when i got my car it had ebay coils on stock struts and i replaced my suspension with factory because the rear struts were blown the fuck out of., but i miss how lowered it was.

so my question is how can i put the coils and sleeves on with out fucking up the struts...
By EJ1_MK
#298768 You can put them back on, and they will last for a while. but stock struts will not hold up since the length get shorter.

Now you can get aftermarket struts from tokico, eibach, skunk2 etc. that will allow it to ride much nicer when lowered.
By TrailerTrash
#298769 you can make your own extended top hats for the stock struts and put the ebay sleeves on... but it will still ride like crap
By 95cpeEX
#298771 im thinking the only reason the rear was so bouncy and road like shit was because of the blown struts... and what do you mean by new top hats?
By EJ1_MK
#298773 the black things that are on the top of the springs that press against the body of the car are called top hats also have the bolts that hold them
By 95cpeEX
#298775 where would i be able to get the top hats...or how could i make them?
By couch_c
#298780 How much are you going to lower it? I was actually planning to do that until I save up money for shocks but I was only going to go 1" or 1.5", from research a lot of people at 1.5" said it'll still be bumpy but it'll last, while other people who had it at 2 inches blown their struts in 6 months
By 95cpeEX
#298795 i wanna go back to the ride height i had, but i dunno how far lowered i was. im running 15 inch rims with a 205/60 ish tire and the top of the tire was pretty even with the fender wells. so if i had to guess i would say 2-2.5 ish inchs.

i wanna buy a set of function forms but i dont really have the money to be able to put out for em.
By EJ1_MK
95cpeEX wrote:i wanna go back to the ride height i had, but i dunno how far lowered i was. im running 15 inch rims with a 205/60 ish tire and the top of the tire was pretty even with the fender wells. so if i had to guess i would say 2-2.5 ish inchs.

i wanna buy a set of function forms but i dont really have the money to be able to put out for em.

Well you can lower it with the coils on stock struts it will last for awhile and save your money and get the FF1 when you can or stay stock and save money to get the FF1 full coil overs are the way to go if you want to lower a car in my opinion. and FF1 ride really well.