Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By xjm92x
#298719 My 4 door is dropped in the front and has stock suspension in the rear ever since i dropped it i have been getting low readings on my fuel gauge is is possible that the angle is causing this?
By TrailerTrash
#298728 could be. how much did u drop it in the front?
By gtstripes
#298732 i have stock rear and lowered my front 2.5" (long story) and havent noticed a difference
By xjm92x
#298745 in exact inches im not sure but the tops of the wheels are tucked behind the fenders
By teal_dx
#298758 A bad alignment can hurt MPG. Did you get the alignment done after lowering? If not, you'll have bad toe-out which will also chew up the inside shoulder of your tires.
By JohnRM
#298763 ^ agreed. I have some bad toe-out right now..my MPG is hurting big time... instead of the usual 33, I'm getting 26-28...
By bradleyg
#298766 I think what the OP is talking about is the reading on the fuel gauge in regards to the car no longer being level.

I notice usually my fuel gauge reads lower if i am going up a hill or parked up hill and vice versa.

In your case with the front being lower than the back i would assume the gauge would tell you that you have a bit more fuel than you actually do.
By JohnRM
#298794 Ohhh, I understand now. I would believe it's from your car being lower in the front as well. It's like parking up a hill and the fuel gauge reading is off because it's sitting at an angle, but when you're back to level ground, it reads normal.
By xjm92x
#298847 Yeah Thats what i mean ^^^