Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By CraigMW
#298152 Whats up Civic-EG family! I hope i am posting this in the right place.

I was in the process of changing out my rear springs and LCAs today and ran into a problem... When trying to remove the main nut from the shock tower that allows you to remove the top hat to remove the spring, i noticed when i first started turning it, it seemed to be loosening very easily, especially compared to my front when i did it a couple of weeks ago... well, i noticed that the nut was just spinning around and around but not loosening at all! Yea, i know that you have to actually hold the bolt in place while trying to remove the nut and i was doing that. It is almost like the nut/bold is stripped.... Has anyone experienced this before or possibly know that i could try? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for looking! :thumb:
By EJ1_MK
#298158 Sounds to me that the last time it was installed that it got jacked up or just old and broke when you started working on it.

Only thing you could do is cut it off and get a new strut. better not to risk trying to pull it apart and then re-use something that is not 100% ok
By m73
#298163 Did you strip the inside where the allen wrench is suppose to go?
By 92civic_vx
#298165 do you mean the center nut of the strut or the top hat bolts?. if it is the center nut, take a pair of vice grips in between the spring and clamp onto the strut as tight as you can then remove the nut using an impact. i run into this problem alot at work. mainly on blown out struts. when you try to remove it and it just spins, it is usually the center rod in the strut has little to no gas left pressurizing the rod so it just spins.
By rodney120985
#298166 Sounds to me from what everybody else is sayin man is you might just want to take it and junk it, get a new one like you were saying. Wish I was there to help, but on a good note at least you got her up and running!! :woot: Now just hurry up and get it put back together want to see those pics! :thumb:
By CraigMW
#298199 yes, i guess it is just jacked up. I have tried everything that i know to try so i am thinking about hitting up the JY to see what they have... i need some other goodies too. I appreciate everyones help! Yall are awesome!
Rod, drive the coupe down to Ga and help me! lol. wouldnt that be nice! I will get her up0 and going asap and definitely send you some pics. I thought i would have it all done last night but i ran into this little problem. i was disappointed.
By CraigMW
#298258 I am going to when i have some extra cash! Prob just go ahead and replace all 4 with OEM since they are all blown anyways! I am just going to put it back how it was for now though but throw on the LCAs since i have everything off!
By CraigMW
#298321 So i am definitely going to have to just replace the struts... hopefully all 4 if i can find them for a good price. if not, just the rear for now. but...

I got it all put back together and will update my build thread with new pics! check it out everyone and let me know what you think.