Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By Ghunt521
#297039 Ball joint decided to give out going 60 on a 4 lane open highway.
Was head on with a caddy and a chevy truck and they split into a Y
I hit a curb then I was safe... Cheated death twice in this baby... but third times a charm. I took it home ball joint completely was ripped out and rotor was damaged.. got it up and running fine today... takin her to get lined up tomarro.
By EG Love
#297075 wow, that's scary. you should fix that a little sooner next time :hehe: i was driving my old EG last summer, as i was very slowly crawling through potholes, my lower balljoint let go too. What a pain.. I was thankful it was when i was practically stopped or that would have happened!
By teal_dx
#297078 That's scary stuff... did you know it was bad - was it making any clunk or knock sounds when going over bumps?

I hope people read this thread and inspect their suspension. Especially important when you are lowered and/or using wider wheels as this puts more stress on ball joints.
By Punksz6
#297109 I'm Glad that you are OK!!

Yes everyone check your SUSPENSION!! I had this happen to me a couple weeks ago but my ball joint didn't pop out. The ball joint nut poped off when I hit a pot hole taking my son to school ( Going about 5 miles an hour)!!! Had my car towed home. Replaced with the Buddy CLub's I was waiting on!! I orded my ball joints the week before this happened!

It made think what would have happened if I was on the highway. I daily my car and take my son to school!! So PLEASE everyone go out and check your suspension parts!! If you don't know how you can take it to a shop or tire place. Thats why every part is going to be replaced!!
Last edited by Punksz6 on Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By dawg316
#297113 x2 on checking your suspension. if you hear any type of clunk, squeak. best to check it out. dont cheap out or put it off till later.
By Ghunt521
#297325 yeah it was very scary but I handled it like a champ. YEAH def inspect your
suspension to the best. No signs really of it going bad. Thought my struts were bad, I guess ball joints were too.
By eg-guy
#297333 The suspension is one of the most important part of your car, don't neglect it. Glad you made it out ok!!
By EJ1_MK
eg-guy wrote:The suspension is one of the most important part of your car, don't neglect it. Glad you made it out ok!!

Agreed, words to go buy put the money where the money is most needed under the car. Its what keeps you on the road safely.
By Punksz6
EJ1_MK wrote:
eg-guy wrote:The suspension is one of the most important part of your car, don't neglect it. Glad you made it out ok!!

Agreed, words to go buy put the money where the money is most needed under the car. Its what keeps you on the road safely.

:thumb:
By stuckagain
#297871 Wow thats scary!! When i first got my eg the the lower balljoint must have came apart on the PO cause they had it welded back together :shock: Also the lower part of my fender was dented like it hit the road. Yes its always a good thing to check suspension components when you hear an unusual noise
By radicom56
#298220 that would have made me s*** my self, glad your OK and it didn't damage to much