Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By SL93ex
#293656 My LCAs don't have the mount point for sway bar end links, and I'm having trouble sourcing a set that do. I won't spend $200+ for skunk or f7 LCAs.

I can blage together a bracket from the shock mount, or I can drill a nice, clean, chamfered hole in the appropriate location in the middle of the LCA.

Anyone seen something like this done before?
By EJ1_MK
#293659 There are mounts that mount it to the strut on the back side. the only other way is to purchase control arms. You could drill one out but you risk that they will not be even and then you would still need find bushings for them. You could just locate a set of factory integra rear control arms from a coupe model. 4 door model control arms will not fit.
By bks84
EJ1_MK wrote:You could just locate a set of factory integra rear control arms from a coupe model. 4 door model control arms will not fit.

Why not, they're the same?!?
By EJ1_MK
bks84 wrote:
EJ1_MK wrote:You could just locate a set of factory integra rear control arms from a coupe model. 4 door model control arms will not fit.

Why not, they're the same?!?

On the DC? could have swore they were different or maybe that is the DA.
By bigpunn421
#294067 hard finding lca with sway bar lmao. every stock integra has a arb. so it mounts somewhere. plus honda/acura is mass produced. try looking for a integra lca

and itr lca is different than the rest of teg lca's

most parts from a 94-01 teg will fit our cars

edit: also if you can fab something to work do it. if you go with the drill route i would weld in something to strenghn the lca where you would bolt the arb
By SL93ex
#294081 I've been looking for Integra LCAs also.. The boneyards and CL around here are just thin on Honda/Acura stuff. I wasn't planning on starting this until it warms up some more, so I have a month or so to keep looking.

If I do decide to drill, I'll need a spacer, so I was planning on cutting down some bushing sleeves. Wouldn't be too hard to weld those in place.
Thanks for the input :thumb:
By bks84
#294083 I wouldnt suggest drilling the control arm, something about it just doesnt seem right.

Make a bracket to bold the sway bar to the shock bolt or find Integra LCA's. Jump on eBay, buy OEM

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=int ... m270.l1313
By Apexracing
bks84 wrote:I wouldnt suggest drilling the control arm, something about it just doesnt seem right.

Make a bracket to bold the sway bar to the shock bolt or find Integra LCA's. Jump on eBay, buy OEM

Yea drilling out the lca and hard mounting a sway bar just isnt a good idea. What are you using your car for any ways? If its a daily i wouldnt even bother with a sway bar. If its going to be a track car, buy new lca's and a asr sub frame brace.
By SL93ex
bks84 wrote:I wouldnt suggest drilling the control arm, something about it just doesnt seem right.

The bracket is still a consideration, but it's not as elegant of a solution.
But I refuse to pay $90 for ragged old oem LCAs with rotted bushings, it goes against something in my psyche. Might be a character flaw, but... :?

Apexracing wrote:Yea drilling out the lca and hard mounting a sway bar just isnt a good idea. What are you using your car for any ways? If its a daily i wouldnt even bother with a sway bar. If its going to be a track car, buy new lca's and a asr sub frame brace.

I wouldn't be hard mounting the bar, just moving the mounting hole down and inch or so and using the stock end links.
This is a daily, but I want to improve the excessive body roll and understeer. I do occassionally dirt track it with a friend but just for giggles.
I'll get a subframe brace if I upgrade the sway bar, but for now the factory 14/15mm will be fine.
By EJ1_MK
#294239 ask PhantomEJ1 about how his is mounted and see if he can't post pictures he has a brace with factory lca's and they are attached by the strut with that bracket and it you can't even tell when you look under the back of the car. A set of bushings for the control arm are really not that expensive either just that particular kit can be picked up through a local parts store. Energy suspension stuff works good and is not expensive.
By SL93ex
EJ1_MK wrote:ask PhantomEJ1 about how his is mounted and see if he can't post pictures he has a brace with factory lca's and they are attached by the strut with that bracket and it you can't even tell when you look under the back of the car. A set of bushings for the control arm are really not that expensive either just that particular kit can be picked up through a local parts store. Energy suspension stuff works good and is not expensive.

I know.. I just replaced all my suspension bushings with ES bushings, and I have a shop press, so it's not like it takes more than 5 minutes to knock a bushing out. If I can find a local set for around $50 I'll go that route and put my ES bushings in.

Thanks for the tip about PhantomEJ1's ride.. That's exactly the kind of feedback I was looking for. I'll look around and toss him a PM :thumb:
By SL93ex
#296986 So I got lucky last week when a pair of LCAs from a 96 GSR popped up on CL (My sway bar is from a GSR too so ++)

So I gave the guy $20 (that's the kind of price I was looking for) at 2:00pm, drove home and had the old bushings out and the LCAs cleaned up by 2:30. I really do love this press.

Sadly, when I popped out the civic LCAs and removed the ES bushings, I found out something that should have occurred to me but didn't.
The integra uses larger control arm bushings lol. The shock bushing remains the same however.

I ordered a set of integra LCA bushings from energysuspensionparts.com
and they managed to get them to me within 3 days via UPS ground no less. Big :thumb: to them.

I installed the sway bar brackets with stacked fender washers welded together and lock nuts, cleaned the ES shock bushings and installed the new ones with fresh coat of that bastardly sticky grease.

I also took a few minutes to install a set of Godspeed V2 camber arms since my camber arm bushings were completely rotten(I chose them because they are cheaper than buying OEM bushings, but still look well made)

So I'll drive around until things settle in and get an alignment.
With the exception of my stock struts and springs, all of my suspension is fresh, and I really like the way it handles.

Now that I have an unused set of LCAs laying around I'm going to go ahead a drill them and weld a spacer in and see how it looks. Proof of concept as it were.