Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By rodney120985
#291475 Ok here goes nothing, new to the whole tuner building thing. Have built lifted trucks all my life so this is a whole new world. The direction I want to go with it, but I need so help with trying to figure out a list of suspension parts to put on the car for a daily driver/sometime strip.

Heres a list of what I am thinking of:
bigger sway bars front and rear
end links
strut bars frontand rear
lower control arms
rear subframe brace
coilovers
torque damper
By FG2_Andrew
#291478 uhhh... help with what? :?
By rodney120985
#291479 I am just making sure that I have all the parts that I need to stiffen up the suspension. I am looking to do a B18C swap into it. It will be a daily driver more than 95% of the time.
By EJ1_MK
#291505 So are you wondering what you should get to improve handling with out killing the ride since you are going to be driving it everyday?
By EJ1_MK
#291509 Do you have anything right now or is this the list of things you would like to get?

Oh and I would not use the torque damper better off just buying urethane mounts.
By rodney120985
#291510 No nothing just yet looking to get most if not all of it when I get my taxes back. Ok friend of mine said to get the damper said it would make alot of difference. thank for the input though will have to look into the mounts.
By EJ1_MK
#291512 Ok well if you are going to daily the car, you will want a spring shock setup, rides much nicer but can still give you the drop even a sleeve over coil over and aftermarket strut. As far as the rest doing a factory sway bar upgrade to Integra sway bars and with urethane end links and strut bars will help. Lower rear control arms are not necessary but you put urethane bushings in the factory is the same thing. The EK chassis has week rear control arms compared to the eg. You can go with coil overs but stick with ones that are 8k front 6k rear springs it will ride nice. Function Form F1, Skunk2 Pro-C V2, K-Sports, etc. you will want to pick up camber kits front and rear for tire wear. sub frame brace is great you can do either Function Form or ASR which will allow you to go up in sway bar sizes to what ever you want. You will have to find strut bars there are so many on the market you will need to decide a brand

Read the product reviews on stuff it might help you decide on things. and look at other peoples build threads and see what they have done. urethane bushings will be a great but are also rough for daily depending on your location and streets.

All really depends on your budget in the end.
By rodney120985
#291516 Ok thanks the spring rate was a big one I was wanting to know have looked at a couple post on here bout the spring rates. Was looking at blackworks racing for the rear subframe brace don't know how good they are but that is what I was looking at. Budget is really not a big deal for this will be a project for the long haul, another reason I went with a tuner to build more you can do to it than a lifted truck
By familyEGuy23
#291524 You'll need lower control arms if your OEM ones don't have the inserts for the endlinks I have an LX sedan so mines doesn't have them I'm leaning towards BlackWorks LCA's :thumb:
By TrailerTrash
#291547 get an Energy Suspension bushing kit and replace your worn out factory bushings. itll be like driving a whole new car :thumb:

or if you wanna get a bit more serious
http://www.buyhardrace.com/categories/c ... 95_11.html
By EJ1_MK
#291553 Blackworks racing stuff is what it is. There are people that have had good luck with their products and then there are people that have had horrible experience with them. From all the things that I have read haven't been good at all. Good friend of mine had them and replaced them after a month because the bushings blew out and were making crazy noise. He stepped up and got the F7 Function Form polished and I have always rocked Skunk2 stuff because their customer service is amazing.

When it comes to something that could fail under your car and cause you to have some sort of accident I would spend the extra money and get something with more repeatable and better relations with customers.
By Apexracing
TrailerTrash wrote:get an Energy Suspension bushing kit and replace your worn out factory bushings. itll be like driving a whole new car :thumb:

or if you wanna get a bit more serious
http://www.buyhardrace.com/categories/c ... 95_11.html

the hardrace replacements are the way to go