Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By carbonfibreMY
#289840 Hey guys could you recommend me some front tower brace / front strut bar that holds the suspension..

Currently im using the stock CHASSIS strut bar and KYB SR Special suspension ( i feel its not stiff enough compared to my Mugen Showas =/ )

Looking for some aftermarket strut bars as i prefer a 1 piece system IMO , a 1 piece system reduce flexing compared to adjustable strut bars.. Is there any popular ones out there?

And by the way could somebody answer me this

I drive a Civic EG8 and i wanna change to a thicker front sway/anti-roll bar my rear has a 19mm sway bar..

Do advice..

Thanks alot
By Eg6H2D
carbonfibreMY wrote:Hey guys could you recommend me some front tower brace / front strut bar that holds the suspension..

Currently im using the stock CHASSIS strut bar and KYB SR Special suspension ( i feel its not stiff enough compared to my Mugen Showas =/ )

Looking for some aftermarket strut bars as i prefer a 1 piece system IMO , a 1 piece system reduce flexing compared to adjustable strut bars.. Is there any popular ones out there?

I drive a Civic EG8 and i wanna change to a thicker front sway/anti-roll bar my rear has a 19mm sway bar..

Do advice..

Thanks alot

fOR A bRACE, IF SHIPPINGS PRICES ARE NOT TOOOO EXTREME FOR YOU ID SAY GO WITH THE PASSword JDM one. those are pretty stiff, due to it having material in the center as well instead of being hollow in the inside..

For a rear sway bar upgrade you can get a JDM ITR 22/23mm for the rear. anyhting larger as in 24/25mm for the rear it will require you to get a rear subframe brace.

BUt yes OEM i would go with the OEM ITR rear.
By Eg6H2D
By EJ1_MK
EG6b20R wrote:
carbonfibreMY wrote:Hey guys could you recommend me some front tower brace / front strut bar that holds the suspension..

Do advice..

Thanks alot

fOR A bRACE, IF SHIPPINGS PRICES ARE NOT TOOOO EXTREME FOR YOU ID SAY GO WITH THE PASSword JDM one. those are pretty stiff, due to it having material in the center as well instead of being hollow in the inside..

For a rear sway bar upgrade you can get a JDM ITR 22/23mm for the rear. anyhting larger as in 24/25mm for the rear it will require you to get a rear subframe brace.

BUt yes OEM i would go with the OEM ITR rear.

The PasswordJDM strut bars are great for the money. There are a ton out on the market, skunk2 also as well as UR racing DC sports etc.

As far as the sway bar in the rear anything over a factory Integra sway bar which should be like 13mm or a 15mm from a Del Sol. YOU WILL NEED A SUBFRAME BRACE FOR AN ITR SWAY BAR. The ITR is a completely different animal, it has so many things chassis wise that they changed and added it can handle the larger sway bar. Where as all other civic and integra's you will destroy and I mean DESTROY your rear sub frame. Save your self the headache and buy a brace
By elrompetoto
#289886 dontinvest2 much money on those u wont feel the diffrence in non of them iv ran over 10 and i went back 2 stock cuz stock is sexy...try a sway bar that will make a diffrence
By Apexracing
elrompetoto wrote:allso try new bushing like the es or the hard race that u will feel like night and day

Ive heard great things about hard race bushings :thumb:
By elrompetoto
Apexracing wrote:
elrompetoto wrote:allso try new bushing like the es or the hard race that u will feel like night and day

Ive heard great things about hard race bushings :thumb:
me 2 I'm running Es bushings many if mines brake I'll try the hard race. Then agen I just play the lotto I win I'll switch them out just 2 try them
By mADmAN
#290529 dood... why the headache over the tower brace?

ur in malaysia... ULTRA RACING!! not only are they practically the cheapest (new), they have everything u need and a whole lot more..they have 2 points for the EG as well as the 3 points..all in one piece config. and lets not forget the lifetime warranty...if u dont like the outlook... u can always respray them or something.

but if ur itchy for something different....circuit hero is having a limited run of their 3 point strut bars...the black one.. made by ASC Speed Metal...if u get this... ill prolly hunt u down and steal it from u...ha ha ha

passwordjdm if not mistaken does not ship to malaysia....but if u still want, PM me on zth and ill pass u the contact of a person who can help to order from them for a fee...do keep in mind that the item + shipping is gonna cost way more than UR or anything else u can get locally.

as for rear sway bars... like a previous poster has mentioned.. ITR bars will require a brace.. the 19mm UR sway u have right now is basically the max u can go without a brace.

for front.. ITR sway is good too. which is wat i have on my hatch...but not easy to find people selling the front sway only.. found a few on mudah a long while ago..but it was quite limited...most are sold with the ITR steering rack + crossmember...so if u have a leaky steering rack, this is a good chance to upgrade .. Avantech in Sri Kembangan sells them in a package including installation about RM500... i went for the same thing at the same place too when my rack was leaking. installation takes about a day
By eg-guy
#290554 2 point bars are for show, they have no real purpose.

3 point is for function
By elrompetoto
eg-guy wrote:2 point bars are for show, they have no real purpose.

3 point is for function
so honda must have had a bunch of materials left over that they decided 2 put a few 2 point bars on there cars right :?

2 pints 4 function
3 point is bling bling 4 under ur hood :thumb:
By FG2_Andrew
#290577 buy a REAL Mugen
By eg-guy
elrompetoto wrote:

3 point is for function
so honda must have had a bunch of materials left over that they decided 2 put a few 2 point bars on there cars right :?

2 pints 4 function

:facepalm: think about it bud. whats gonna be more solid as a front strut tower bar, a 3 point or a 2 point?
By elrompetoto
eg-guy wrote:
elrompetoto wrote:

3 point is for function

2 pints 4 function

:facepalm: think about it bud. whats gonna be more solid as a front strut tower bar, a 3 point or a 2 point?
u think about it how much spoon,mugen,cusco,Aka real Jdm company make a 3 point strute bar? The eg fire wall r so week that I had 2 instal a Cusco brake brace 2 stop my fire wall from flexing under hard braking. So agen 3 point is just bling bling when it comes 2 eg now there r some other cads where a 3 point is better
By FG2_Andrew
elrompetoto wrote: :facepalm: think about it bud. whats gonna be more solid as a front strut tower bar, a 3 point or a 2 point?
u think about it how much spoon,mugen,cusco,Aka real Jdm company make a 3 point strute bar? The eg fire wall r so week that I had 2 instal a Cusco brake brace 2 stop my fire wall from flexing under hard braking. So agen 3 point is just bling bling when it comes 2 eg now there r some other cads where a 3 point is better[/quote]

He's right