Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By FG2_Andrew
bks84 wrote:
EH2_andy wrote:
He's right

if hes right, why did you suggest a two point?

also, how is a 2 point not finctional? they to their intented job of strenthening the shock towers. have you seen how thin the firewalls are on our cars? not a lot of structural integegraity.

Also, think about it this way... how many three point bars are out there? the two biggest that come to mind for me are passwordJDM and Benen... now how many 2 points are out there from reputable companies? Not the stuff sold on eBay.

For most of you who dont race their cars, a 2 point will suffice perfectly fine.

the quote messed up (posting from a phone)..

2 pt > 3 pt

/thread
By EJ1_MK
EH2_andy wrote:
bks84 wrote:
EH2_andy wrote:
He's right

if hes right, why did you suggest a two point?

also, how is a 2 point not finctional? they to their intented job of strenthening the shock towers. have you seen how thin the firewalls are on our cars? not a lot of structural integegraity.

Also, think about it this way... how many three point bars are out there? the two biggest that come to mind for me are passwordJDM and Benen... now how many 2 points are out there from reputable companies? Not the stuff sold on eBay.

For most of you who dont race their cars, a 2 point will suffice perfectly fine.

the quote messed up (posting from a phone)..

2 pt > 3 pt

/thread

In certain situations yes. 2pt can do more than a 3pt. Ultra Racing has diagrams of what each effects and how it helps I see if I can locate the links and post them tonight.
By bartman201
#290674 i got this one and i love it.

By bigpunn421
#291988 buy a oem integra one from junkyard/craigslist. average price is $20.

anything more than a integra front strut bar is just for show. unless you build your own. a $100+ strut bar is a ricer mod. imo

try working on your car under the hood with a big ass 3pt strut brace.

i am going to run a integra strut brace on my car. and i will let you know if it makes a difference thats noticeible.

btw i would reccomend you buying sway bars first and traction bars before a front strut bar. you will notice that more than a front strut bar
By bks84
#291994 why a traction bar?
By EJ1_MK
bks84 wrote:why a traction bar?

I second this question why would you buy a traction bar over sway bars first?
By blk92hb
EJ1_MK wrote:
bks84 wrote:why a traction bar?

I second this question why would you buy a traction bar over sway bars first?

um ill third this

i dont autox yet, but i do like to do some spirted driving on some of the back roads, and the sway bar will do alot more then the traction bar. imo the traction bar is more for drag then autox.

also the main purpose of a strut tower bar is like this. when you corner hard the body flex, with the strut tower bar it will take out some of the BODY flexing.

the sway bar will be better because in its name, it a bar the help body roll or SWAY.
By bks84
#292211 it doesnt help body roll, they're purpose is to reduce it.

Personally I'd do brake upgrades before suspension. no reason to go fast/corner fast if you cant stop fast.

As far as sway bars, i think anything over a 19mm is over kill on a predominantly daily driven car. i had the asr 24 on my coupe (and integra before that) and hated it since the car at that point saw 40 miles a day to-and-from work. now that itll mostly be a auto-x/race car, i'll be able to tolerate it

notice i made no mention of a front bar? if you dont understand why, search how a bigger front sway bar can affect a FWD car.
By blk92hb
bks84 wrote:it doesnt help body roll, they're purpose is to reduce it.

thats what i ment. :lol: my goof.
By bigpunn421
#293487 i would buy them in this order sway bars F&R - traction bars - strut bars just like i said up top

traction bars help you accel out of a turn and from a stop both good in a race. helps other things to

when you hit the gas your car usually squats to the rear taking weight off the front tires. the traction bars hook up to the frame/body and the lower control arms. as it squats back it forces the tires down to pavement. putting more weight on front tires. which means more traction. simple just like a 4 link for rwd. and its a bolt on mod.
By EJ1_MK
#293488 Check it, shows how sway bars and strut bars help and what they do.

http://www.ultraracing.my/template.asp?menuid=30

Also read this it explains what a traction bars are really used and why they are used.

http://www.full-race.com/articles/traction_bars.pdf
By bigpunn421
EJ1_MK wrote:Check it, shows how sway bars and strut bars help and what they do.

http://www.ultraracing.my/template.asp?menuid=30

Also read this it explains what a traction bars are really used and why they are used.

http://www.full-race.com/articles/traction_bars.pdf

strut bars do help but very little. in real life your car doesnt move that much. that example is extreme.

sway bars help body roll the most.

and thats a good example of traction bars. i have full race bars in my eg8. they do more than help a drag racer. and personally i would rather have traction bars over strut bars.

and if your afetr handling put that money for the strut bar into a good tire. you will notice a god set of tires alot more than a 3pt $300 strut bar.

people always over look the part that comes into contact with the road. best mod on a car is tires