Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By Animal78
#288772 It would appear there is something wrong with the wheel bearings and or hubs on my hatch. I out brand new wheels on right out of the box and they wobble around so much that at 55 it feels like the car is going to fall apart. I have been over every single piece of the front suspension and the rest all checks out I even found one axle had a bent shaft and replaced that as well. All to no avail. I pulled the brakes off and the spindle assembly out for closer examination and it appears that someone who didn't have a clue may have replaced the bearings. The hub face looks like someone beat on it pretty badly.

In short where can I get the actual hub? I can get a bearing just about anywhere but the hub is proving to be hard to find.
By Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty
#288773 either at a junk yard or some people sell them separately
By Apexracing
#288782 Junk yard or honda.
By asianrob
#288793 what hubs do you need? do you have stock (im assuming you have a DX) brakes on it? any DX, LX, CX, VX hubs will work or you can now upgrade to EX or integra hubs.
By Animal78
#288813 I was looking for dx hubs. I checked a couple junkyards they wanted to sell the whole spindle assembly. Honda wants 125 each for them. I really want to go back together with it asap and don't want any issues when I am finished so it seems honda is the best route. All I know is when I am done it better be tight and not wobble even a little bit. Between buying the bearings and the hubs and one axle I will have quite a bit in the deal.
By 92civic_vx
#288819 what kind of wheels did you get? make sure the center bore is not too small. also make sure they were balanced correctly and that centering rings were used, if not it can cause severe vibration
By Animal78
#288830 The wheels are brand new with new tires I had the wobble with the old wheels too. Also I have the hub rings. So the centerbore is fit to the hub rings correctly. Looks like someone beat the crap out of the hub at some point so I a fairly certain that I will have no more wobble after I am done. I have checked everything else under the car and the only thing I have left to do is set the toe when I get it all back together. Then I should be golden.
By Apexracing
#288831 Do you need the hub or the knuckle?
By Animal78
#288884 The hub. I got two new ones from honda today. I am having them pressed back together with new bearings as we speak.