Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By Ahkten
#288247 hey guys, i have a question, what are the pros and cons of using lowering springs vs coilovers? i wanna lower my car, i just dont know where to start. i know that springs are less comfortable of a ride, but what are the risks of just using lowering springs rather than the whole coilover kit?

thanks,

Nick
By EJ1_MK
#288251 Ok Best thing that I can tell you is that most coil overs are much less comfortable over a spring and shock setup. Now you really want to look at two things what do you do with the car:

A: Daily the car and just want clean simple and nice ride, Do a spring and shock or a sleeve over coil set up on a aftermarket shock. You will not need camber adjustment kits if you go with a spring and stock shock a lot of close friends run setups like this with eibach and stock shock. You can always go with a after market shock for more drop because they are make with shorter travel in mind. With the sleeve overs and a aftermarket shock you will want camber kits. There are some full coil overs that ride quite will that give you the adjustment as well, but will still want to get camber kits to make sure you don't wear your tires.

B: Race, I.E. Auto X, road race, drag race, you would want coil overs for the adjustment as well as camber kits And there are tons of full bodies on the market.

C: Fan boy status with the wheels and all that you will need coil overs and camber kits all the way around. This also means you will need to roll your fenders which is not hard but you will want to do that with a professional fender roller and heat gun to make sure you don't crack the paint.

Camber will kill tires faster than toe will just remember that. Check out the Stance thread that might give a better idea of how low different setups can take you

Here is the link: http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=22491
By EJ1_MK
#288257 Yes you would be fine, there is a picture of a black civic parked next to mine on the first page of my build thread close to the bottom of the page and he has eibach springs and stock shocks and it rides so nice but still takes out most of the fender to tire gap that we all don't like.