Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By EG Coupe 95
#287057 I have a 1995 Civic DX Coupe that I'm looking to possibly lower, but I daily drive my car. And I drive it a lot. I read up on a couple forums and everyone was saying Tokico Blues + Eibach Pro-Kits or Koni Yellows + Sportlines. I'm wondering if Skunk2 springs + Skunk2 shocks will be sufficient for daily driver use?

To be more specific: the Skunk2 Lowering Springs and the Skunk2 Racing Sport Shock Absorbers.

Any suggestions and input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
By dbrooks
#287059 I've heard that Skunk2's are actually kind of stuff for daily driving. I'd suggest getting some Ksport coilovers. They're adjustable and they have great ride quality. They're also a good price :thumb:
By TrailerTrash
#287081 I have Skunk2 struts with dropzone springs and my buddy has KYBs with Skunk2 lowering springs and both of our cars ride nice. way stiffer than stock but hey they are aftermarket.
By FG2_Andrew
#287102 buddy of mine has had a skunk2 setup. he loved it. but he daily'd his car reallllllly hard.

but look at it this way, if you get a good deal on it you can always sell/trade if you don't like it.
By EG Coupe 95
#287143 Thanks for all the responses! So it sounds like Skunk2 are good for daily driving? So, will they be adjustable for winter? (I live in Ohio) we get some crap weather...
By FG2_Andrew
#287149 if you get the full coilovers or coilover sleeves, you can adjust them accordingly.. BUT that will be about $20-60 every time you adjust, because you WILL need an alignment.

if it's a daily, i'd go with springs. if you have a secondary vehicle you can roll in when it snow, i'd go with sleeves.

Skunk2 is ok. but Ground Control with Koni "Yellows" is the absolute best setup on the market. you can customize your spring rates accordingly. and you can buy a set to run with any stock or aftermarket shock or for a little more, get the set that is optimized for Koni's. just some food for thought!
By TrailerTrash
deadbeatEH2 wrote:

Skunk2 is ok. but Ground Control with Koni "Yellows" is the absolute best setup on the market. you can customize your spring rates accordingly. and you can buy a set to run with any stock or aftermarket shock or for a little more, get the set that is optimized for Koni's. just some food for thought!

Ive been reading this here and there for awhile now its starting to temp me :hehe:

I also hear thats the way to go if you wanna go really low?

and I love my setup for daily driving and I drive roughly 40 miles per day.
By eg-guy
#287247 my .02 koni/ground control w/ top hats. choose your spring rates, lifetime warranty, the price is worth it.

function and form type ones are perfect for dd. their cheap, adjustable, and ride awesome, not stiff like a 12k spring but a comfortable firmness to them.

skunk2 products are overpriced imo, mabee if they had better warrantees on their products like a true and proven koni i'd sugguest them.
By Vti93T
dbrooks wrote:I've heard that Skunk2's are actually kind of stuff for daily driving. I'd suggest getting some Ksport coilovers. They're adjustable and they have great ride quality. They're also a good price :thumb:

I have ksports! I have 11f8r and I love them..Everyone was telling me they'd be super bouncy but I love them..rides good and I have mine all the way on hard..Spent $715 on them and I daily drive my car about 75 miles a day. :thumb: My boyfriend has ksports too and he dailys his car and his is on 12f9r and his rides just like mine.
By Wicked
#287265 Friend of mine bought some yellows for his DA, I went the D2 route and he liked my suspension, but he was stuck between the 2 so he went Yellows just because I was D2. He didn't like them at all, He didn't like the ride or the stiffness (wasn't as stiff as mine). He gave them to his bro who has a DB and got a $2k suspension instead idr what..They ride nice on the DB from what I hear..3 years of 60 miles a day minimum (120 Average) commuting and spirited driving fully stiff and fully dropped in front with almost full back, they are just starting to show some wear, and They were already used when I got them. I like my D2's I don't care what anyone says, mine are an older set though and I heard they don't manufacture them like they used to...I think there's somewhere around 50K+ miles on my D2s. They are still stiff as hell just now barely starting to lose stiffness VERY SLOWLY, but I can feel it in Hairpin/U turns and really long heavy cornering. Although it could just be not having any chassis reinforcement causing excessive body roll, combined with bigger rims and stickier tires then what I got used to...