Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By andyc
#284804 Hi all,

Im about to pay for an asr brace, from what I can see its literally just the plate and no other fittings... are the other parts easy enough to get?? from asr or anywhere else?

Or are they even absolutely essential? i.e. the 2 bits that go behind the subframe...

Cheers in advance! :thumb:

EDIT: He has told me he has those brackets for behind the subframe, can I safely use my current LCA bolts??
Last edited by andyc on Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By FG2_Andrew
#284814 IMO, spending the extra money to buy new and having all the necessary hardware is worth it.

but i'd imagine you can just call CS and they will help you better than any of us can.
By teal_dx
deadbeatEH2 wrote:IMO, spending the extra money to buy new and having all the necessary hardware is worth it.

Agree :thumb: how much are you saving buying used?
By andyc
#284830 basically half price... theyre £200 new plus delivery here on their own and I got this one for 100 delivered, I paid a deposit now to make sure I got it... Im not fitting it for a while anyway so Ill have time to get hold of anything else I need.

I cant justify paying another £100 for the LCA bolts (and a slightly newer looking brace), Im sure I can pick the LCA bolts up from somewhere cheap anough if I need them, Ill hunt around

Cheers Guys! I got a bit impacient and just went for it :lol:
By andyc
#284831 it has everything but those btw :thumb:
By andyc
#287790 ASR are going to send me the backing plates and all bolts included in a new kit for $28 delivered to the UK. Thats £18, bargain! :D
By dbrooks
#287791 Looks like you got a good deal then :thumb:
By andyc
#287795 yeah man, the brace itself is good as new so I got a nice (newish) ASR for £118 delivered which is $183. Ive had a quick look and thats basically what you US guys pay new anyway :lol:

But they're more like £190 ($290ish) in the UK which is poo