Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By Moez_cx
#283989 My friend put me onto this site ( he's a VW owner) but I was wondering on the site has either owned or no someone who has owned I may purchase them if I get the write vibe like c'mon only 329 !? I'm not like looking for superior track ready suspension ( I wish) but leave feed back :thumb: http://www.racelandus.com/p-160-coilove ... 89-91.aspx
By dbrooks
#283994 I've never heard of them.

You should check out Ground Control coils though. They're a good price.
By Greasedmonkey
#284002 Ive got two friends on Racelands, and a third on the way. Problem being is they are all Vdubs. They make good stuff, but not very well known in the honda world.
By Blazed_Eg
#284207 X2 my buddy has them on his golf might be worth a shot?will you be the Guinea pig lol :hehe:
By Apexracing
#284218 Ep guys say they are junk, kinda like the lower end teins. They dont last long if you track at all. Basically you get what you pay for. For a decent price why not try the k-sport's.
By FG2_Andrew
#285491 for anyone interested, ROKKOR TUNING, another popular euro brand of coilover also offers 92-00 coilovers.
By gettinjiggywidit
#289798 I have racelands on my eg. Had no problems at all i think there great for the money. Although as said above you DO get what you pay for.
By CamperCarl
#292986 I'm looking into buying a set of Rokkor's for my EG Sedan. I was wondering, is there any "Ricer Bounce"? Right now the springs I have on my car are stiff, and every time I hit a bump i nearly shatter my spine. The back end bounces as if I have hydraulics and was flicking a switch on and off when I hit bumpy surfaces/cracked roads.

Adventualy I will be Auto-x my sedan, but for now it's just a Daily Driver.

I am an extremely low budget builder and I really want these to be what I hope they are.

Don't tell me to just spend more money, I want a straight answer.
By Apexracing
CamperCarl wrote:I'm looking into buying a set of Rokkor's for my EG Sedan. I was wondering, is there any "Ricer Bounce"? Right now the springs I have on my car are stiff, and every time I hit a bump i nearly shatter my spine. The back end bounces as if I have hydraulics and was flicking a switch on and off when I hit bumpy surfaces/cracked roads.

Adventualy I will be Auto-x my sedan, but for now it's just a Daily Driver.

I am an extremely low budget builder and I really want these to be what I hope they are.

Don't tell me to just spend more money, I want a straight answer.

What is your budget/goals handling or being stupid low. If i were you i would get some new struts, like koni yellows or tokio blues and install a good set of lowering springs, only like a1-1.5 inch drop, anything lower will kill struts and your cars bushings.
By FG2_Andrew
#293021 There's no way you can budget build a nice auto-x car. You only "budget" by buying REAL, QUALITY used parts not cheap parts. If you have hopes these will last like genuine parts, you can throw that idea out now man.

They will handle and last like the cost reflects.
By CamperCarl
#293056 Your still missing the point, I wanted to know what the shocks and springs feel like. Not a Lecture on how I'm doing it wrong. I have everything being taken care of beyond that point. It seems on every forum when it comes to these coil overs everyone avoids answering, "What's the ride Quality". Also you need more than just Coilovers to make a good track car, I know almost everything there is to know about auto-x. I have a few friends who compete there S2000's and Civic's.

I don't plan on building a "RaceCar", right now. I daily my car. I want a nice lowered vehicle with good ride quality for as cheap as possible. That is all.
By FG2_Andrew
EH2_andy wrote:There's no way you can budget build a nice auto-x car. You only "budget" by buying REAL, QUALITY used parts not cheap parts. If you have hopes these will last like genuine parts, you can throw that idea out now man.

By CamperCarl
EH2_andy wrote:
EH2_andy wrote:There's no way you can budget build a nice auto-x car. You only "budget" by buying REAL, QUALITY used parts not cheap parts. If you have hopes these will last like genuine parts, you can throw that idea out now man.

I KNOW! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! I KNOW HOW EVERYTHING ELSE PERFORMS! SERIOUSLY DUDE, STOP!

Explain yourself. I want the proof that you know these coilovers suck. You keep coming at me with "buy name brand". Then I want to know from a non-bias person how they feel on the road. It's a simple question that I want answered. If your not going to reply with what I want then leave the thread. I don't care what you have to say about other products.
By FG2_Andrew
#293069 YOU'RE NOT LISTENING. i'm trying to help you before you have to buy the same product twice. and if i'm not telling you what you want to hear (you seem set on buying them anyway), then just buy them and find out for yourself. then write a product review with a video and pictures and get back to us.

if you buy $200 coilovers (low-end), they will handle like $200 coilovers.. rather crappy, bouncy, and just plain awful. there's a reason not many people have them and they are cheap. automotive tuning isn't a hard concept.
By CamperCarl
#293073 Good now that your done. Can the people that actually own these coils tell me what they are like, before cramming "you get what you pay for" down my throat. Thats all I am asking.