Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By roy93
#283121 ok so i picked up a set of control master flex coilovers off a wrecked 94 along with many other goodies to put on my 93 hatch. when i took them off i figured the one up front (where the damage was) would have some degree of trouble. the other three seem to be ion perfect condition but i was thinking of sending them all back to tein anyway to be tested. is this necessary or am i doing the right thing. to check them out it will cost me $25 per coil. then the shipping. if the one that is damaged is irreparable and its not disassembled that's another $25. also has anyone sent anything to tein and if so what results did you have? thanks for any help you can give me.
[img][img]http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i360/_roy1979/Snapbucket/00F0FF44-orig.jpg[/img]
By TrailerTrash
#283134 how exactlly is it damaged?
By Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty
#283136 it wouldnt hurt just to check it out
By Apexracing
#283138 yea they dont look damaged but how was the car hit? Those forks are honda and then can bend rather easy. I'd mount them up and try them out before id waste 200$ sending them back. that way all you have is time ya know.
By roy93
TrailerTrash wrote:how exactlly is it damaged?

the adjustable part of the damper is bent. also all the fluid leaked out. appearance wise that is all. the bottom isnt bent and the sleeve will screw up and down. it is possibly stuck too. the others work and dont have any damage to them.
[img][img]http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i360/_roy1979/Snapbucket/2F483CE1-orig.jpg[/img]
[/img] Image
By Apexracing
#283149 holy fawk. yea send them in then.
By bks84
#283150 Id send them back, or atleast the obvious busted one. It's not "wasting" money to have something checked that could possibly kill you if it is in fact defective.

Who did you go through to get them checked out? I tried emailing Tein directly and a few of the USA dist. no one ever got back to me. I just wanted my set freshened up.
By FG2_Andrew
#283154 just save yourself time and money. buy new.
By blk92hb
#283175 yea i would send them in. you will need to remove the tops, bottoms, and springs. in the long run it will cheaper to get them rebuilt then buying new.
By roy93
deadbeatEH2 wrote:just save yourself time and money. buy new.

i have $800 in the entire car. it came with a b16a, dc headers, skunk2 catback, big brake kit, an apexi controller, the teins plus parts i can sell off it and junk the frame. and the new ones are almost 1600....you were saying?
By roy93
#283204 not trying to be a pecker just saying.
By Apexracing
#283205 Good score! Hell of a deal have them fixed!
By roy93
#283206 just wanted to know if anyone had had some sent before and their experience with them
By roy93
#283225 checked them all very close. the shaft on the front shock is bent slightly so that for sure goes in, checked the others and only one is good but im going to send it off anyway. want them all checked and if needed rebuilt all to new specs. they were very simple to get apart. one bolt held it all together. hope to update soon!