Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By Ajax1989
#283116 Unless you buy progressive springs you will blow ur stock shocks... no and if or buts about it.. just save up and get a nice progressive spring like eibach, tein, neauspeed, skunk2 just make sure they are progressive spring rate springs
By TrailerTrash
94_jdm_ferio wrote:Unless you buy progressive springs you will blow ur stock shocks... no and if or buts about it.. just save up and get a nice progressive spring like eibach, tein, neauspeed, skunk2 just make sure they are progressive spring rate springs

this. they are well worth the money. you dont want your car bouncing around like some pos on ebay sleeves and blown stock strutss
By Apexracing
#283139 Lowering springs are bad for stock struts in general. Even progressive springs, stock struts or stock replacement struts. Are designed to ride at the stock ride height. When you reduce their travel thats when they tend to blow. They make aftermarket struts like the koni yellows that are designed for lowered cars.
By kingjmack
#283142 I am one of the people who went the cheap route and put $30 ebay adjustable coils on my stock struts., They gave my the lowered look I was going after, but the ride is absolutely crap. If all roads were flat, I'd be good. The springs are waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy too soft, so any type of bump or un-even surface I go over, it can get bouncy.

You will always hear people say to save up and buy good quality stuff, and that's what really needs to be done.

If you want the lowered look, but don't have alot of cash, I'd get name brand lowering springs on the stock struts before I'd buy ebay coils until I could save for a decent set-up, but you still run the risk of blowing the stock struts.

What is your budget for your spring/sturt set-up?
By jadeydrag0117
#283151 lol whatever ill just get coilovers! cause thats what i was planing.. :thumb:...i just have extra springs laying around so i was thinking maybe i could put em on.. :hehe:
By jadeydrag0117
kingjmack wrote:I am one of the people who went the cheap route and put $30 ebay adjustable coils on my stock struts., They gave my the lowered look I was going after, but the ride is absolutely crap. If all roads were flat, I'd be good. The springs are waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy too soft, so any type of bump or un-even surface I go over, it can get bouncy.

You will always hear people say to save up and buy good quality stuff, and that's what really needs to be done.

If you want the lowered look, but don't have alot of cash, I'd get name brand lowering springs on the stock struts before I'd buy ebay coils until I could save for a decent set-up, but you still run the risk of blowing the stock struts.

ill prob do that, NO BUDGET but ill save up for whatever my car is going to "need"
By TrailerTrash
Abilliondollers_vtec wrote:
kingjmack wrote:I am one of the people who went the cheap route and put $30 ebay adjustable coils on my stock struts., They gave my the lowered look I was going after, but the ride is absolutely crap. If all roads were flat, I'd be good. The springs are waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy too soft, so any type of bump or un-even surface I go over, it can get bouncy.

ill prob do that, NO BUDGET but ill save up for whatever my car is going to "need"

its worth it to save up for quality parts rather than get something lousy just to get you by ya know
By Ajax1989
Apexracing wrote:Lowering springs are bad for stock struts in general. Even progressive springs, stock struts or stock replacement struts. Are designed to ride at the stock ride height. When you reduce their travel thats when they tend to blow. They make aftermarket struts like the koni yellows that are designed for lowered cars.

not always true

my friend has GC sleeves on stock shocks..
he's been riding like that for almost 3 years
and not 1 shock has blown...

unlike my sprint drop springs.. i blew the shocks in 2 weeks
By Apexracing
#283177 Its a general rule of thumb. Also depends on what your using the car for.
By TrailerTrash
94_jdm_ferio wrote:
Apexracing wrote:Lowering springs are bad for stock struts in general. Even progressive springs, stock struts or stock replacement struts. Are designed to ride at the stock ride height. When you reduce their travel thats when they tend to blow. They make aftermarket struts like the koni yellows that are designed for lowered cars.

not always true

not to disagree with you or start anything but how low does he have the sleeves cranked down?
By Ajax1989
TrailerTrash wrote:
94_jdm_ferio wrote:

not always true

not to disagree with you or start anything but how low does he have the sleeves cranked down?
he had it slammed all the way down.. But he is now running a bigger wheel so he rasied it up