Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By Whodini187
#278909 I've had my civic for almost five years and am finally getting to put it on the road. I've been putting all new ES bushings in and cleaning up all susp. components and now I'm doing the back. The frickin compensator arm bolts are gaulded where they attach to the trailing arm and where they go into the frame. I was wondering if anyone new any tricks or had any advice on how to get them off and if anyone offers aftermarket ones? They won't come off with an impact and I've soaked around the heads and through the little hole on the frame to the threads on the back side and they still won't budge.
By asianrob
#278931 so basically your saying that your conrtol arm bolt is sezied on the frame side and not on the STRUT?
By Whodini187
#278933 No the compensator arm that bolts to the front of the rear trailing arm is gaulded and the bolt on the other side of the compensator arm, is frozen/gaulded inside the frame. Has anyone else dealt with this same problem and figured out any tricks or the easiest way to take care of this. I figure I'll have to cut the floor and heat the nut on the frame or whatever is in their and try to back it out with an impact. If that doesn't work cut the nut out, drill the bolt out and put a bolt and nut with a washer or two, cause I just don't know what else to do, lol.
By 92civic_vx
#278942 we had this problem on my buddies ek, we ended up cutting the bottom out where the tiny hole is, and cut the nut off. watch out using an impact, we had one side the nut broke off the body and was spinning inside the frame.. :thumbdown: the nut is only tack welded in place.
By EJ1_MK
#278965 Are you talking about the toe link at the front of the rear trailing arm?

By Whodini187
#279026 Thanks 92civiclx, appreciate it and yeah EJ thats exactly where I'm talking about. I didn't know though you could use the toe kit their just like where the wishbone is on top of the trailing arm, right? I ordered a blox toe kit to replace my wishbones that mount on top of the control arm to the frame, now I'm'a def order another kit to replace the compensator arm.
By bks84
Whodini187 wrote:Thanks 92civiclx, appreciate it and yeah EJ thats exactly where I'm talking about. I didn't know though you could use the toe kit their just like where the wishbone is on top of the trailing arm, right? I ordered a blox toe kit to replace my wishbones that mount on top of the control arm to the frame, now I'm'a def order another kit to replace the compensator arm.

a toe arm is different than a camber arm. keep that in mind.
By Whodini187
#279173 I'm not to proud to admit this but I have to tell you guys. I ordered the toe kit already with all intentions to use it as my "camber bar" replacement. Thanks bks84. Now I realize that I actually ordered the toe kit, I have to get the camber kit now. I still have to get them frickin bolts on the frame so atleast I can put my trailing arms in and my lca's, so on so on. But thank you guys very much. I really apppreciate all the help. This is my first subject I've asked for anything since I became a member and from reading all forums and past topics. I knew someone would be able to help me out, lol. I love this place, I'm so addicted. I love honda's.