Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By Ecc0
#278851 I've had a little search and found people had spoke briefly about this some time ago.

I've taken my power steering pump out and loving not running it give or take now having popeye arms, but after talking to a friend who had done the same on his del sol I'm a little worried.

Basically he told me that even though I'm running a loop to keep the rack lubricated over time it will pit to much stress on the track rods a d pull them through and I'll need to replace the rack.

So wanna know if this is right or if there is a non power steering rack I can use that'll fit like from the EF or EK9 as they both don't have power steering and maybe better for low speed manovours like parking
By civiceg09
#278870 on my car while i was doing my swap they told me that could happend too so i had to get a 92-95 hatch non power steering rack. it cost me about 80.00 bucks i have an h swap and its ok not to bad another thing you can do is run a mr2 electric powersteering pump.. i wish i woulda done that ..
By EJ1_MK
#278889 if you have the power rack then you can swap a non-power rack in but you will have to swap sub frames out for it to fit right other wise looping it and putting a reservoir some where is what most do
By civiceg09
#278890 this is mine before and after ..

By Ecc0
#278959 What rack is that in the pics???

Does anyone know if you can use the EK9 rack on an EG subframe???

I know I'll have to take the whole subframe out to fit it but that's not a problem just wanna make sure I get the right thing first time.
By Xaser
#278960 Most of the DX's over here mate ie EG3's came with manual racks, so can go looking for them at the scrappies. Remember to take the horse shoe style mount and rubber bushing as the rack is narrower than the power steering one.

Some one on here wrote a nice little DIY on how to mod this bracket to fit a power steering subframe.

Or if you are very lucky some motor factors will sell you a new one, but most seem to do only part exchange these days.
By Ecc0
#279762 Nice one thanks Xaser the last 2 DX's I've had were both with power steering so I'll have to have a look about and see what I can find
By bks84
Ecc0 wrote:What rack is that in the pics???

Does anyone know if you can use the EK9 rack on an EG subframe???

I know I'll have to take the whole subframe out to fit it but that's not a problem just wanna make sure I get the right thing first time.

I dont think you can mate a "ek9" rack to an "eg" subframe. I know when people do K swaps into EK's they'll use a EG subframe (to reposition the engine, I think) so maybe you could do the opposite???