Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By goodyearrr
#277260 Been a while since I last posted, finished the head rebuild and the car runs well, engine wise.

I have a problem however, something seems wrong suspension/steeristopped:

(1) If I go over speed bumps or little bumps the car squeaks, I thought it was my poly bushes at first but its never stopped? Mainly from the right side but the left sometimes gets involved.

(2) Just recently there is a knock occurring on the right front wheel/suspension or steering (I'm ffrom UK).

Even if the car is off, I can rock on this certain point left and right and it will 'knock'. When I get going at low revs it knocks a few times and then when cruising nothing.

Any body had this before? Any Help much appreciated and swift replying even better as I don't want to be driving to work at half six in the morning and a ball joint sample Co its happened to me and its a pain!

Cheers guys!
By Wicked
#277270 My suspension squeaks when going over small bumps at slow speeds (1-20mph) No idea what it is. Had read possibly the spring is loose to lubricating bushing's. The knock might be from your cv joint going bad? Or Steering rack? The suspension squeak is beyond me apparently its a common thing on newer civics as well.
By Fada Blayne
#277296 my car does it too. I fixed it by turning my radio up! lmao
By EJ1_MK
#277301 what all do you have done to the suspension in the front?
By Wicked
#277306 My front suspension is all the way slammed as low as it can go without taking out bumpstops or anything. I have no sway bar no strut bars no camber kit nothing but coilovers. And my stance is slightly raked with the front lower then the back just a tad.
By goodyearrr
#277380 May have found the problem for mine, the squeaking does still seem to be my poly bushes at the top.

And my knocking is possibly to do with my steering rack. Seems s though where the tie rod end meets the steering rack there is to much play. That's what I believe it is.

I don't have anything modified except poly bushes, the rest is stock, but I believe it may have been damaged when I had too big of wheels on to get me through the mot. 185/65/14 :roll:
By bks84
#277394 squeeking could be balljoints.

knocking could be something is loose. or possibly a bad shock.

i'd check the ball joints nad all suspension components for being loose.
By WhiteEGh23
goodyearrr wrote:
And my knocking is possibly to do with my steering rack. Seems s though where the tie rod end meets the steering rack there is to much play. That's what I believe it is.
:roll:

If it has play where you are saying you need inner tie rods. Mine are bad too and I have a knocking noise.
By ExCoupe94
#281211 the squeak going over speed bumps is the rubber on your a arms my civics rockin 313xxx shit was loud and embarrassing really easy fix if you can get your hands on another set of a arms though. as for the other noise i bet itsa bushing on one of your front lca's... rip the tires off an look for excessive play or physically check each bushing on the lca's hope this helps.
By Fada Blayne
ExCoupe94 wrote:the squeak going over speed bumps is the rubber on your a arms my civics rockin 313xxx shit was loud and embarrassing really easy fix if you can get your hands on another set of a arms though. as for the other noise i bet itsa bushing on one of your front lca's... rip the tires off an look for excessive play or physically check each bushing on the lca's hope this helps.

x2

I had the same issue and i replaced my lower control arms with a set from Hardrace. I also did my tie rods and now I have to install my new balljoints. All squeaks stopped with the exception of when i turn my wheel