Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By jdmdx93
#276767 i have an extremely bad toe in problem in the front of my car, pulls to the right on acceleration, got 3 allignments, 4 sets of tires, 3 balances within 10 months.

is it possible for me to just buy coilovers and slap them on the front and fix everything, i dont have much money, but could pull together enough make the front better.

what all would i need to buy to put the coilovers on and fix the problem?
By RWMIII
#276768 no. Toe in is caused by your rack and pinion. You have an inner or outer tie-rod that is bad, possibly even the rack itself. I suggest getting it inspected and go from there. If you drop the car on coilovers it will only compound the problem even more, you will get more negative toe, and now off the wall camber numbers, the 2 combined is not a good thing. This is a safety issue, get it checked.
By TrailerTrash
RWMIII wrote:no. Toe in is caused by your rack and pinion. You have an inner or outer tie-rod that is bad, possibly even the rack itself. I suggest getting it inspected and go from there. If you drop the car on coilovers it will only compound the problem even more, you will get more negative toe, and now off the wall camber numbers, the 2 combined is not a good thing. This is a safety issue, get it checked.

well said.
By Fada Blayne
#276798 :thumb: :thumb:
By bks84
#276802 In my experience w/getting alignments done if I had a bad inner/outer tie rod, upper/lower ball joint, wheel bearing, upper/lower control arm bushings, etc I was told about it and advised it would need fixed before the alignment could/would be done.

Just makes ya wonder...

I would agree with RWMIII, that you in fact have something worn or bent and they're not seeing it.

Do you have a print out of the alignment specs?
By TrailerTrash
#276815 the way i see it is any good mechanic/alignment guy worth a darn is going to know parts are bad as soon as he takes a look at the car. something is definitely wrong with your steering components and you should have been told that by the person doing the work on the very first alignment.
By jdmdx93
#276842 sadly i took it to a place that barley ever touches hondas, more like trucks and big rigs. the guy gave me stupid looks when i asked about the car. only reason i went to the place was because they have a state of the art allignment machine
By TrailerTrash
#276852 that machine aint gunna do the work by itself there is human error in play here