Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By ccornewell
#275209 Ok, I read through the FAQ and I searched but I'm still missing info. What parts, if any, are better cheap upgrades frop an acura or honda to a 92 civic 4 door sedan? I have to replace all of my bushings anyway so I'm wanting to upgrade where possible without lowering my daily driver. thanks in advance.
By Ecc0
#275216 So your swapping parts out of an integra to put in your 4dr civic?

If so your best to get arb's front and rear the rear will need a brace either asr or something good.

You can take shocks springs, brakes, steering wheel, possibly exhaust but not totally sure if it will fit may need modding to fit.

Also depending on engine you can take exhaust headers induction kit if your running standard take the teg one it'll breath better.

If your replace one or two bushes don't mess about get the full polly bush set and do the lot all at once as will save you a job later and do you rear master bushes too these are not in the main kit
By ccornewell
#275240 Thanks for the info. I've already planned on getting the master bushing kit.
What about control arms and that sort of thing? Are Integra arms any better?
By Ecc0
#275283 If you can take the whole subframe steering rack arms the lot, as will save having to piece it all back together on you subframe plus teg it stronger if your not gonna run new LCA take the ones from the teg for the same reason.

Glad I could help
By chrono404
#275290 if you want less sway/roll in the corners I would recommend Eiboch pro lowering kit. I know you said you didn't want to lower your car, However it doesn't lower it that much and looks stock compared to most lowered hondas. It has 99% the ride oem struts have, gives it a -1.5" Drop (very subtle) and it handles so so much better. Best mod I ever did to my EG Sedan when it was my daily driver.

Here is a picture of my EG lowered on 1.5" on 15" Rims with 195/50 r15's on it. The Integra behind it is 100% Stock also with 195/50 r15 Tires. Shows the difference in wheel gap, Its not that noticable that your car is lowered. However the handling is a billion times better. The EG sedan pictured handled way better then the dc4 integra behind it.

My EG Sedan never scraped on anything, The Tires lasted forever as I got an alignment after lowering it. I never had "camber" wear or "toe" Wear for that matter. None of the issues with a typical lowered car. I cant recommend those springs enough.
By ccornewell
#275389 Dang, that does look good. But it's not that I don't like lowered cars, mine is a daily driver in Indiana. I need clearance for snow without getting high centered. I may have to get adjustables and lower it in the spring. I do want to get aftermarket rear lowers but if I can harvest better, stronger parts and save money I'm very happy with that. I'm not planning on drag racing it. I just like to enjoy some turns and hills in southern Indiana while feeling the suspension do it's job.
By Greasedmonkey
#275472 Just about everything suspension wise will swap over from a Teg to a civic. You will NOT need a subframe brace for a stock teg sway bar. Just the ITR bars.

The rear LCAs are a nice upgrade which allow you to run a swaybay, and depending on your car, the front would do that same as well. The shock/springs will work, but the teg is a heavier car, and it might raise your civic up a bit.
By ccornewell
#275492 Ok, I'm a little lost, front wheel drives as well as imports are very new to me. What's an ITR bar? and, what parts from an Integra are actually better than my Civic parts? I'm sure some parts are the exact same and some are better. I used to play with fox body Mustangs and I still play with Jeeps so I'm used to the concept of swapping within OEM parts as cheap upgrades.
By Fada Blayne
#275586 ITR= Integra Type R :thumb:

What trim level is your civic? If its an EX you dont really need to swap anything over.
By Ecc0
Greasedmonkey wrote:You will NOT need a subframe brace for a stock teg sway bar. Just the ITR bars

Wow ok I did not know this you learn something new every day thanks monkey boy
By ccornewell
#275700 Mines a 92 sedan LX D15B7 5 speed. Thanks for all of the info. My short term plans involve getting a master bushing kit along with a pair of cheap rear shocks to go with the JY springs I spent 20 on since the previous owner thought torching springs was a good way to lower a car.
By Greasedmonkey
#275712 In that case, just about everything on the TEG will be an upgrade.
By ccornewell
#275741 Wow I can feel the dry humor from that last post...... It's funny because it's true.