Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By ForneyHatch
#274410 I want to circuit race/autocross my EG hatch. I will be purchasing ITR 22mm rear sway. I have a GSR 14mm sway but want to upgrade. I have stiff rear 500lb springs with sticky 225 55 15 tires. What will be the best rear sub-frame brace to prevent or avoid sub-frame tear out? I have the necessary Integra rear LCAs. I would appreciate any input or philosophies on this matter. Thanks.
By ForneyHatch
#274450 anyone
By RWMIII
#274457 Well Beaks only makes a bar, not a brace and it is more of a bling part imo. If you are going to run a 22mm then I suggest the ASR Subframe Brace, it is compatible with the ITR swaybar and will help prevent tear outs.
By Greasedmonkey
#274548 Either one will do that job just fine. Beaks was the first company to address the tear out problem with the ITR bars. ASR just made a better design, IMO.
By bks84
RWMIII wrote:Well Beaks only makes a bar, not a brace and it is more of a bling part imo. If you are going to run a 22mm then I suggest the ASR Subframe Brace, it is compatible with the ITR swaybar and will help prevent tear outs.

nah man, they make a reinforcement kit as well...

http://www.beaksproducts.com/SRK_EG_DC_ ... cement.htm
By RWMIII
bks84 wrote:
RWMIII wrote:Well Beaks only makes a bar, not a brace and it is more of a bling part imo. If you are going to run a 22mm then I suggest the ASR Subframe Brace, it is compatible with the ITR swaybar and will help prevent tear outs.

nah man, they make a reinforcement kit as well...

http://www.beaksproducts.com/SRK_EG_DC_ ... cement.htm

Touche

It is a kit, however not a brace like the ASR unit as the OP thought.
By ForneyHatch
#274666 I've seen some posts on other forums where the Beaks kit was ripped out of the subframe brace with the kit still attached. Looked crazy! Im not sure how that happened tho.
By Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty
#274677 ASR all the way.. for this occasion
By EJ1_MK
RWMIII wrote:
Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty wrote:ASR all the way.. for this occasion

x2

Agreed x3
By Chance
#274816 ASR. :thumb:
By bks84
Chance wrote:ASR. :thumb:
:woot:

Ive used it on two different cars, one with a stock sway bar and once with their 24mm bar. No complaints from me.