Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By cnome
#274310 i wanna lower my civic but i live up north we have winter 10 months of the year, at -40 weather, i wanna lower it so bad, but the price of skunks are pretty harsh compared to just a kit of springs at about 2 - 300 dollars? and if i get just the springs would 1.6 inchs be to muhc?
By FG2_Andrew
#274320 If you think 2-300 is harsh.. You probably shouldn't mod your car at all and just drive it for what it is; a car.

Skunk2 has a couple options:

Springs
Coil sleeves
Full coilovers

For what you need, just go with coil sleeves. That will give you adjustability incase of snow but are cost effective. You may go through quite a few sets of springs though. Most springs probably won't hold up in really cold, harsh conditions.

Good luck. Hope that helped
By cnome
#274327 thanks man, im gunna go with thye skunk 2 assembaly it will be deadly on my eg, im planning on slamming it soon and using it only in summer, its a project car!
By TrailerTrash
RWMIII wrote:Just get Eibach sportlines. They can be had for the low $200 range and give about a 1.6" drop. :thumb:

very good springs :thumb: I ran them on the front of my coupe for about 10k miles. excellent ride quaility and i even had them on stock struts
By cnome
#274336 ohh thanks alot man! how low is it with a 1.6 inch lowering springs? could u find me a pic?
By Fada Blayne
#274387 :thumb: