Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By EJ1_MK
#273357 Was looking through Hater tech, a min ago in the suspension section as I normal do every once and a while cause as you all know their answer to every question is get Ground Control sleeve over coil overs and Koni yellows, blah blah blah. Well for the rest of us that really want to mod out our cars we look at full bodies and do it right but this proves my point that when it comes to buying products make sure you really look at the company and how it is run. Now personally I look at all the companies before I did anything with my car. Do you really want junk holding your car together?? Parts that are not tested properly or even better look at pro- racers are they using any of these products on their cars. For me it takes over a year to really figure out who, what, how, where, when to get stuff. I drive my car with my kids in it every day and if something where to happen because I purchased a part that had no quality control and was being run by well retards to say the least I would be pissed.

If I started a suspension company I would have fired this guy that should be taking care of the major forum boards like honda tech.

Check the link and you will see what I am talking about. SO unprofessional.

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2680526

Say what you will, there are companies out there that care about the safety of the people that buy their products.

Rant over.
By Fada Blayne
#273373 I get what you're saying but the GC/Koni has been proven to be a great if not almost perfect setup and it ultimately boils down to personal preference. I too looked into one piece systems and had actually ordered the Ksport RR setup right before the japan tsunami and it automatically went on back order(i was pissed). Thats when I started to look around again and a couple friends of mine with Euros swear by Koni, I still havent put mine on as yet but im sure I wont be disappointed.

PS. I didnt even bother to read what hatertech had to say... They are a bunch of clowns :thumbdown:
By FG2_Andrew
#273385 no such things as "best setup".. and i trust BWR. can't be worse than no-name ebay brands. atleast they market themselves and whatnot in a professional manner, right?

they are in Honda Tuning Mag. :?
By Fada Blayne
deadbeatEH2 wrote:

they are in Honda Tuning Mag. :?

true dat!
By FG2_Andrew
#273391 i mean the way i see it, you get what you pay for (like with everything in life).. BUT it's not junk ebay stuff. their coils are still $800. if it was total junk they'd lower the price and try to sell MORE to make more money.

i'd rep this company if i wasn't a Skunk2 whore.
By Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty
#273410 BWR is legit... got LCA's, Subframe Brace, and Radiator... no problems at all... Hondatech is full of dimwitted and just plain stupid people... :lol:
By FG2_Andrew
Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty wrote:BWR is legit... got LCA's, Subframe Brace, and Radiator... no problems at all... Hondatech is full of dimwitted and just plain stupid people... :lol:
By bks84
#273424 austin - you have to realize there are people out there who do not care about the company or how the represent themselves. they arent buying BWR parts because for their performance gains, they really only buy them for their bling (if you will). I'd say over half the people on this site (and any other honda related forum) will never use "race" parts for the intended purpose. Hell, 70% of people on this sites cars will never enter into any sanctioned event (auto-x, time attacks, drag racing, etc).

and theres nothing wrong with that. nothing at all.

an $800 price tag does not mean the part is worth $800. im willing to bet a set of progress coilovers will out perform a set of BWR coilovers any day of the week/month/year. Progress coilovers are under $600 to boot and are well-known.

stank - this thread was about how BWR falsely advertised their product as being 100% tested, 100% QA'd in the USA and all that. When they're not. It took BWR forever to post a 6 second clip of a shock on a dyno with no actual results ever being posted. And on top of all that... The representative of BWR had some stupid attitude.

If you ran a company and someone asked three very simple questions, would you get stupid with them or would you handle it in a professional manner?
By Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty
bks84 wrote:austin - you have to realize there are people out there who do not care about the company or how the represent themselves. they arent buying BWR parts because for their performance gains, they really only buy them for their bling (if you will). I'd say over half the people on this site (and any other honda related forum) will never use "race" parts for the intended purpose. Hell, 70% of people on this sites cars will never enter into any sanctioned event (auto-x, time attacks, drag racing, etc).

and theres nothing wrong with that. nothing at all.

an $800 price tag does not mean the part is worth $800. im willing to bet a set of progress coilovers will out perform a set of BWR coilovers any day of the week/month/year. Progress coilovers are under $600 to boot and are well-known.

stank - this thread was about how BWR falsely advertised their product as being 100% tested, 100% QA'd in the USA and all that. When they're not. It took BWR forever to post a 6 second clip of a shock on a dyno with no actual results ever being posted. And on top of all that... The representative of BWR had some stupid attitude.

If you ran a company and someone asked three very simple questions, would you get stupid with them or would you handle it in a professional manner?

hey man.. i QA'd it myself... you have to be open-minded with things like this... inquire with the actual manufacturer and get some answers. i know everybody does their research before buying it. if the rep is giving you problems then bring it to corporate man.. there are always ways to do things. dont jump to conclusions about a product over some "proof". so are people gonna start asking for videos of strut bars getting tested?? come on now
By Blk95coupe
Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty wrote:BWR is legit... got LCA's, Subframe Brace, and Radiator... no problems at all... Hondatech is full of dimwitted and just plain stupid people... :lol:

Sorry but there LCA's are trash.

I had them on my car for 3 months and 3 bushings were already torn. :thumbdown:
By EJ1_MK
#273534 I will agree that honda-tech is full of e-thugs and haters, but there are some on there that do post things that we all use and information on anything honda related.

thread is for information for you all to be aware of.

GC/Koni setup has been around for ever and yes Koni is a highly recognized company. As is ground control and both stand behind their product. I'm saying that when you ask about full body coil overs that is their answer. "Oh you circuit race use ground control and koni" for people that race the cars and what the parts are meant for need more adjustment than that.
By Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty
Blk95coupe wrote:

you must have tried their old ones man. the ones that are on clearance on the site worth $90. new ones have bushings that some compare to function 7...
By Blk95coupe
Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty wrote:
Blk95coupe wrote:

you must have tried their old ones man. the ones that are on clearance on the site worth $90. new ones have bushings that some compare to function 7...

Not at all.

They will never compare to Function 7

I the 2nd version same bushings as 3rd version btw.

BTW All bushings were tighten down with the suspension back on the ground not hanging in the air.
By Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty
#273540 i cant see the photos because im on a military computer... did you torque them down correctly? or where you driving like a mad man??
By Blk95coupe
Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty wrote:i cant see the photos because im on a military computer... did you torque them down correctly? or where you driving like a mad man??

Ya all were torqued correct.