Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By bks84
eg-guy wrote:
bks84 wrote:austin - you have to realize there are people out there who do not care about the company or how the represent themselves. they arent buying BWR parts because for their performance gains, they really only buy them for their bling (if you will). I'd say over half the people on this site (and any other honda related forum) will never use "race" parts for the intended purpose. Hell, 70% of people on this sites cars will never enter into any sanctioned event (auto-x, time attacks, drag racing, etc).

and theres nothing wrong with that. nothing at all.

an $800 price tag does not mean the part is worth $800. im willing to bet a set of progress coilovers will out perform a set of BWR coilovers any day of the week/month/year. Progress coilovers are under $600 to boot and are well-known.

stank - this thread was about how BWR falsely advertised their product as being 100% tested, 100% QA'd in the USA and all that. When they're not. It took BWR forever to post a 6 second clip of a shock on a dyno with no actual results ever being posted. And on top of all that... The representative of BWR had some stupid attitude.

If you ran a company and someone asked three very simple questions, would you get stupid with them or would you handle it in a professional manner?

ive never heard of progress coilovers, how well do they perform?
r they better then function n form type 1's for the price?

Couldnt tell ya I have no experience w/either of them. Seems all the fan bois love Function Forms and for what its worth, people who might actually "track" their cars liked the Progress CSII's w/350/350 springs. I created a thread on honda-tech about suspension ideas when I was shopping around granted there were only 14 replies to the thread but the ones who replied seemed to have high regard to Progress CSII's. Just food for thought. Here's the thread.

Anyway, heres another decent thread for some reading on suspension selection.

As far as BWR, I dont consider them any better than Blox or APC for that matter. Sure they make ok stuff for those who dont really care for performance, but in the end you'll more than likely end up replacing it because it fails at some point.
By EJ1_MK
#273681 Thank you, see my point is to aware others of companies that all they care about is money and not your safety. And no I have no reason to be mad BRO! I find it funny, and if you never have an issue that's great, but I find more bad reviews over good everyday.

Progress is a Great company and have been around for ever. I had a close friend with a b16 ef hatch that had progress coil overs on it for well over 10 years never had to rebuild them and it still rode the same way after 10 yrs as the day we put them on.

Oh and to answer the other question just cause they place an ad in Honda Tuning does not mean that they are worth buying. The ad right next to them in the latest addition I would never ever look at period K2 Motoring looks like real quality crap :thumbdown:

We all have a common like and that is to work on cars Honda's in general, I have been in the scene for over 10 yrs now and have watch companies come and go with crap products, and most people that don't have the budget to spend over 1000 bucks on stuff these companies come out with stuff and you end up running it for a while and then it will just shit out and you will be spending more money that you should have to sooner than you should.

How many of you know or remember brands like NEX, Hayame, Sage, etc. these companies out of Japan and Asia each made decent full bodies and other parts that I ran on my old coupe for years and were awesome but know one knew who the hell they were.
By FG2_Andrew
#273685 But what's that say about brands like rota? They sell knock off designs for high prices and they fail @ track use. (and no I'm not knocking/hating/bragging/whatevering)

To each their own. Buy what parts suite you best and leave it at that.

/thread
By bks84
#273691 how do they fail at track usage?

(spare me the "broke rota" picture too)

have you had a rota wheel break on you? i know i havent. i had c10's on my integra and drove cross country as well as some spirited driving, a lil auto-x and the like, never an issue. I had drag dr23's on my civic, same scenario, with no problems. currently, i have drag dr1's w/hoosiers mounted and i have yet to see any issues out of them.
By Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty
#273715 it all comes down to individual interest... if you think its bad, then ok its bads for you... but dont try to inluence other people on what they should or shouldnt buy... so your on my boat because i heard great things about the LCA's and subframe braces.. and then i tried them.. so this is basically going in circles.
By elrompetoto
#273718 i got the blox lca and them shits last me 2 months i changed all the bushings last me 2 more months now im saving up 4 name brand lca i wish i would have lissen 2 what pplz said about blox b4 i wasted my money, the thing is i allso used blox cam seal and that workd perfect so when it comes 2 parts that get a beating when i drive name brand it is 4 me..... the way that threpresentative talk on hater teck ended it 4 me im not planing on buying eany product from bwr no time soon
By RWMIII
EJ1_MK wrote:Thank you, see my point is to aware others of companies that all they care about is money and not your safety. And no I have no reason to be mad BRO! I find it funny, and if you never have an issue that's great, but I find more bad reviews over good everyday.

Progress is a Great company and have been around for ever. I had a close friend with a b16 ef hatch that had progress coil overs on it for well over 10 years never had to rebuild them and it still rode the same way after 10 yrs as the day we put them on.

Oh and to answer the other question just cause they place an ad in Honda Tuning does not mean that they are worth buying. The ad right next to them in the latest addition I would never ever look at period K2 Motoring looks like real quality.
:thumbdown:

We all have a common like and that is to work on cars Honda's in general, I have been in the scene for over 10 yrs now and have watch companies come and go with crap products, and most people that don't have the budget to spend over 1000 bucks on stuff these companies come out with stuff and you end up running it for a while and then it will just shit out and you will be spending more money that you should have to sooner than you should.

How many of you know or remember brands like NEX, Hayame, Sage, etc. these companies out of Japan and Asia each made decent full bodies and other parts that I ran on my old coupe for years and were awesome but know one knew who the hell they were.

I remember those companies. Should I feel old now? Lol or OG? :lol:
By Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty
#273730 Times are changing bruh
By Greasedmonkey
Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty wrote:
Blk95coupe wrote:
Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty wrote:BWR is legit... got LCA's, Subframe Brace, and Radiator... no problems at all... Hondatech is full of dimwitted and just plain stupid people... :lol:

Sorry but there LCA's are trash.

I had them on my car for 3 months and 3 bushings were already torn. :thumbdown:

you must have tried their old ones man. the ones that are on clearance on the site worth $90. new ones have bushings that some compare to function 7...

False. BWR will never have anything anywhere near the quality of Function7.
By Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty
#273746 new ones have bushings that some compare to function 7...[/quote]

False. BWR will never have anything anywhere near the quality of Function7.[/quote]

some people do...
By Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty
#273747 new ones have bushings that some compare to function 7...[/quote]

False. BWR will never have anything anywhere near the quality of Function7.[/quote]

some people do...
By EJ1_MK
RWMIII wrote:
EJ1_MK wrote:Thank you, see my point is to aware others of companies that all they care about is money and not your safety. And no I have no reason to be mad BRO! I find it funny, and if you never have an issue that's great, but I find more bad reviews over good everyday.

Oh and to answer the other question just cause they place an ad in Honda Tuning does not mean that they are worth buying. The ad right next to them in the latest addition I would never ever look at period K2 Motoring looks like real quality.
:thumbdown:

I remember those companies. Should I feel old now? Lol or OG? :lol:

No that means that we are OG lol

Stank-- I'm not saying that you will ever have a problem, I am merely trying to inform people that company has no structure and they hire complete morons. I'm not trying to influence anyone that is a FACT. Only to allow the people to see who they are buying products from and how they do not want to back them.

We all learn from others from what works and what doesn't work. I can tell you ever motor combo has been tried as well as suspension settings and setups. nothing has really changed between 10 yrs ago and NOW. Only the companies that are still around and making parts and those that have fallen from the horrible PR on forums and magazines.
By necropaulis
bks84 wrote: dont jump to conclusions about a product over some "proof".
I reach conclusions over proof. I would rather save up/buy 1 good shock at a time than run some el cheapo parts on something as important as suspension. And as childish as the BWR rep was shows what kind of ship they run. They've been caught lying and have proved enough to me that they don't know what they're talking about. I pick companies based on quality, and support. They provide no good proof of either.
Being cheap will save you money you don't have now, but will fail, have shoddy support, and cost you more in the future.
By Blk95coupe
elrompetoto wrote:i got the blox lca and them shits last me 2 months i changed all the bushings last me 2 more months now im saving up 4 name brand lca i wish i would have lissen 2 what pplz said about blox b4 i wasted my money, the thing is i allso used blox cam seal and that workd perfect so when it comes 2 parts that get a beating when i drive name brand it is 4 me..... the way that threpresentative talk on hater teck ended it 4 me im not planing on buying eany product from bwr no time soon

Your LCA's are fine just replace them with OEM Honda Bushings and they will last forever!
By Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty
necropaulis wrote:
bks84 wrote: dont jump to conclusions about a product over some "proof".
I reach conclusions over proof. I would rather save up/buy 1 good shock at a time than run some el cheapo parts on something as important as suspension. And as childish as the BWR rep was shows what kind of ship they run. They've been caught lying and have proved enough to me that they don't know what they're talking about. I pick companies based on quality, and support. They provide no good proof of either.
Being cheap will save you money you don't have now, but will fail, have shoddy support, and cost you more in the future.

the quotations mean that proof isnt always what you think it is.. word of mouth, videos, magazines, editorials... either way its what you think and your driving habits