Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By ForneyHatch
#273003 I'm setting up my hatch for circuit racing/autocross events. I've seen some people that have swapped out their EG's steering rack for an Integra GSR's rack. The steering ratios should be shorter allowing me to steer the car more quickly. My CX did not come with power steering so I'm used to the extra effort of turning the wheel. Is this swap even worth all the extra labor and time to install it? Is it really that beneficial on the track? Any input would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks
By ForneyHatch
#273018 I don't think I have to change subframe brace according to other DIY. The option you mentioned makes allot of sense too.
By EJ1_MK
#273027 Well I know that to swap a manual rack into an ex you have to swap over the entire sub frame because of the mounts on the rack are slightly different so I would think that it would be the same to put a power rack into a dx, cx, or vx model
By bks84
#273116 he can use the manual rack, but he'd have to get creative with the passenger side bushing and d bracket.

the power steering bracket is larger than the non-power, so what people do is use both the power and non-power rack bushings (its rubber) sandwich them together and then bolt it all together.

the integra rack has a "better" ratio, but personally i prefer the "feel" of a manual rack.
By Eg6H2D
#273183 why would you want to ADD power sterring toy our not Power Sterring car? Geez im trying to remove mine, just because i like the firmness of not having the power there..

I mean if you want a better turning ratio you could get a Rack from an 94 integra RS that doesnt have the Power sterring, IDK if it's the exact same as the civic tho..

:thumb:
By ForneyHatch
#273219 This is just a swap that I read about. I've seen HondaTuningMagazine disconnect the PS belt and make a kit to circulate the PS fluid back into the rack on an Integra Type-R. If the ITR can do without the PS, why can't my EG do the same with Integra GSR rack? I'll have tighter turning as the end result. Does the 1994 Integra RS non power steering rack actually have a tighter turning radius? I could probably use that if its true. I think some people are misunderstanding my point. Thanks
By eg-guy
ForneyHatch wrote:I don't think I have to change subframe brace according to other DIY. The option you mentioned makes allot of sense too.

yes, u will have to change the subframe(end of discussion on that topic). They r different on the gearbox bracket side. it wont b hard to find a power subframe tho cause theres alot more civics n tegs with them.

get the tegs sub n rack, then just sell ur manual sub n rack. you'll prolly get ur money back.

edit: also unless u feel like finding and hooking up all the power steering hardware, u could simply just loop the lines and add a breather
By ForneyHatch
#273270 Hmm, thanks for clearing that subframe question for me. Off to the junk yard, i mean salvage yard, again. Do I need an Integra steering column?
By eg-guy
#273271 no problem. n no u won't need the steering column, it all bolts up.
By bks84
eg-guy wrote:
ForneyHatch wrote:I don't think I have to change subframe brace according to other DIY. The option you mentioned makes allot of sense too.

yes, u will have to change the subframe(end of discussion on that topic). They r different on the gearbox bracket side. it wont b hard to find a power subframe tho cause theres alot more civics n tegs with them.

get the tegs sub n rack, then just sell ur manual sub n rack. you'll prolly get ur money back.

edit: also unless u feel like finding and hooking up all the power steering hardware, u could simply just loop the lines and add a breather

According to this thread you don't have swap subframes.
By eg-guy
bks84 wrote:
eg-guy wrote:

that thread is for power to manual not manual to power :lol:

the op wants a power rack from a teg, he currently has a manual rack n subframe.

N i know the difference between them, i have personally done it. thanks
By RWMIII
eg-guy wrote:
bks84 wrote:
eg-guy wrote:

the op wants a power rack from a teg, he currently has a manual rack n subframe.

:thumb:
By Blk95coupe
#273656 From someone in experience in this(I put a GSR Rack in my Dx coupe)

Yes sub frame needs to be switched with a Power one. :thumb:

Its quite simple and like what someone said just loop the power steering line and put a breather on it.
By bks84
eg-guy wrote:
bks84 wrote:
eg-guy wrote:

doh! I should slow down when I read!

my bad!