Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By jdmdx93
#272245 If you change your wheels every 3 months due to 2 inches of toe in on tires (inside of tires,2 inches wide,and causes cords to show) would that be due to your inner/outer tie rods??
By 92civic_vx
#272256 sounds like you need to go get an alignment.
By TrailerTrash
#272257 no it would be due to your toe being out of wack.

and 2 inches :shock: mine was slightly over one inch off and it ate through brand new tires to the cords in 600 miles
By RWMIII
#272263 You definatly need an alignment ASAP! Is that 2 inches TOTAL toe? Or per side? Either way it is too much.
By jdmdx93
#276765 i took it to a place that has extremley good alignment setup and couldnt get it eqauled out .

sadly im running out of money, i been buying new tires every 3 months till i can figure out the problem (not burning out and driving crazy, other than fast on highways).

-when i turn right my car leans in to the left, my left turns are fine, but my right turns into a parking space always end up being really wide??

-Also when i turn my wheel all the way to the right , i can hear my tread slowly scrape to hell. and yes my cords always end up showing with in two months , mainly on the Left side of the Right tire. Then i slowly see the inside of the left tire do the same.

*if anyone has an opinion, plz help me out, i dont want to dislike civics *
By bks84
#276776 to your knowledge has the car been wrecked? maybe something is bent and has been missed by the alignment techs.

take it someplace else or this may sound a lil drastic but to a body shape and see if they can put it on a frame machine and see if the front end is jacked up, bent or something that would cause the problems youre having.

at the very least, jack the car up and look for yourself if anything appears bent. mainly control arms, steering knuckles, etc. maybe snap some pictures and post em up for us to see.

if the car has been wrecked and was either never fixed or fixed poorly, then thats no reason to hate Civics! lol
By jdmdx93
#276843 after buying the car from my (friend) i learned

-out ran 3 cops, 3 seperate times
-had 115 on steep mountain roads

and what concerns me the most

-was on two side wheels at an angle at one time.
i currently have 15'' rota slips on, should i get stock to add more weight to help with it?
By TrailerTrash
jdmdx93 wrote:i currently have 15'' rota slips on, should i get stock to add more weight to help with it?

thats not going to help anything. something is seriously wrong with your car.
By Greasedmonkey
#276871 Take the car to a REAL mechanic that is KNOWN for being good at his job. You need someone with knowledge to look at your car.

Everyone here has told you many times that you have problems with TOE. Not many things will alter your toe, so you need to get those things checked out and while you are at it, everything else it seem.
By jdmdx93
#276962 i have a d16z6,
i took a look at my right axle and when i went to see if something was loose,

i pushed on that thing (PICTURE LINK BELOW) and it was loose, i could move it up or pull it down, im no expert but it seems like it has too much play

would this be a reason why? why my tires are messed up? and would it also cause a loud discrete hurling grinding sound?

By jdmdx93
#276963 sorry for the picture being squished in...
and quick question, if my axles making noise,,,this would be due to a bearing correct? a loud high pitch crunchy grinding noise that wakes up neighbors (with a stock exhaust)
By RWMIII
jdmdx93 wrote:i have a d16z6,
i took a look at my right axle and when i went to see if something was loose,

i pushed on that thing (PICTURE LINK BELOW) and it was loose, i could move it up or pull it down, im no expert but it seems like it has too much play

would this be a reason why? why my tires are messed up? and would it also cause a loud discrete hurling grinding sound?

That piece will have no effect to cause a growling sound. That sounds like a wheel bearing.
By teal_dx
#277032 You might have bent lower control arm(s) or a bent sub frame... it sounds like you bought a car that has been beat to hell and back.

Posting some pics could help us help you.
By jdmdx93
#277048 what exactly is the sub frame, what part of the car?
By teal_dx
#277053 It's the area of the body/chassis that control arms bolt to. A good curb smack can push the metal in because it's not really thick metal to begin with.

I'd take it to a shop that can check the frame for straightness.