Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By 95cpeEX
#270159 ok well here it is, im kinda new to lowering a honda and what not. but my car is currently lowered and its EXTREMELY bouncy and my girlfriend is always complaining about it.

so im not really understanding the spring rate and what not, i just want something that is good quality, good ride and that still handles pretty good.

im gettin money at the end of the month from my financial aid and student loans and i would like to put some money into my car. im looking to spend idealy 400, but can be more if i find something that is really good.

FYI: i think the lowering kit is EBAY adjustable coils on the stock struts but im not exactly sure.

any input and feedback would be greatly appriciated.
By RWMIII
95cpeEX wrote:FYI: i think the lowering kit is EBAY adjustable coils on the stock struts but im not exactly sure.

That is the problem. Those stock struts + ebay coilovers = crappy ride.

Check this thread out: http://www.civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=1683
By 95cpeEX
#270164 i read most of that, but it just started to confuse me.

im more curious of what suspension people are running, the lowers a couple inches gives a nice ride and still handles good. this car is my daily and i would like to be able to drive down the road w/o the people in my back set hitting their heads on the roof when i go over bumps on the HWY at 55-60
By blk92hb
#270165 you can do a spring and shock combo. depending on the shocks you use, you might have to use ground control top hats. skunk2 has some nice shocks the work well with lowering springs, because they dont bottom out.
you can use a coilover set, tein is a good company because you can send the coilovers back to get rebuilt. so its realy just how much you want to spend.

my brother just put skunk2 springs and shock on his accord and it rids just like stock. i have tein mono flex on my hatch its a little bouncy because of the springs rate. the lower the numbers the softer the ride.

good luck on the build :thumb:
By 95cpeEX
#270168 im looking to spend in the ball park of like 300-400, but if i have to i will spend more.

i just really want a better ride quality, while still keeping my low stance
By blk92hb
#270171 springs are cheap but the shocks are going to get you. kyb's are cheap but you will need ground control top hats or you will bottom out the shocks. then you will be buying new shocks with in the yr.
By blk92hb
#270186 your after market shock run stock ride hight, so even the the coilover set like that, you would still need some type of top hat so you dont bottom out the shock.

any type of suspension set up is not cheap. even if you buy cheap parts later on down the road you will have to replace the parts. go and get you something good do alot of research.
By 95cpeEX
#270194 could you show some pictures or give me some links that show the kind of kit that would be good for what im looking for?
By RWMIII
#270212 http://www.jhpusa.com/store/pc/viewPrd. ... oduct=3836

http://store.skunk2.com/suspension-tuni ... s-206.html

http://store.skunk2.com/suspension-tuni ... ks-71.html

You are looking at atleast $5-600 for a good setup that will last. I was running KYB GR2s and some ebay coilovers for over a year with no issues. Car rode nice. Not too stiff not too soft. Guess I just lucked out. Total plus shipping ran me $275. I am going with the F&F type 2s on my Integra. Rode in a car with these and was highly impressed.
By Fada Blayne
#270217 egb20r is selling his Ksports.... hit him up
By 603 jdm
#270314 if u want daily i heard that kyb agx's with h&r lowering springs would be great. full body coilovers i heard yonakas arent bad and there slightly cheaper then most other brands. ff1's would be great but those would run u about 585 but every review i hear about them is great!
By eg-guy
#270867 definetly dont get the ebay springs and kybs. i have that setup on my car now that i installed about a year ago. the struts lasted 3-4 months at best and the springs r very soft. it rides fine on flat roads but get some dips in the road and its harsh. it does however give a nice drop thats the only benefit.

Theres many more problems u will encounter with the cheap setup, suspension binding, when pullin up steep driveways my rear spring will un perch itself and then pop back in once its flat making a very loud noise. worse tire wear then just camber, etc.

If i had to do it over, i would have gotten either coilovers or proven spring/shock combo. Do it right the first time, u wont regret it later.

here's a link worth reading
http://farnorthracing.com/autocross_secrets6.html
By Wicked
#270871 I love my D2 RS's But they are about double what your lookin to pay. Best investment I ever made though, will be going with these again when current setup dies. They've been compared to Tein Full Race specs and Koni yellows and everyone likes my D2's the best.