Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By ForneyHatch
#270145 I have an EG that came with no sway bars. What is the best OE front sway bar I can use for my setup? My plan is to do some road racing. Do I need additional hardware or a kit to use another honda front sway bar? The front LCAs are stock. I have integra rear caliper, rotors, and LCAs and GSR 14mm sway bar. I've been rattling my brain with this issue. Thanks for any input.
By blk92hb
#270147 you can use the integra front sway bar and brackets. the bar is a 22mm bar. es end links and bushings. that should be a good start then you can upgrade later :thumb:
By RWMIII
#270160 Largest OEM front sway bar is the 99-00 Si, and 97-00 Type R units. They are 26mm in diameter. You would need to obtain LCAs that were made for an EG with sway bars. Or you could buy a kit for ones that didnt come with them like Teal_Dx did.

http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=766
By That One Dude
#270241 For road racing, you might as well go big or go home with the rear sway. 14mm is going to be a huge upgrade from nothing, and you will definitely feel the presence of the rear sway. Since you already have the 14mm bar in your garage, throw that on with your Integra rear suspension/brakes, and get used to driving the car with a front and rear sway. Then upgrade. You will be amazed at the difference in handling.

My second Teg had 24mm front and 14mm rear (GSR components), third Teg was an ITR with 24mm front and 22mm rear (stock, USDM components) but that was a different story all together on handling. :D

I've found that 24mm front and rear bars on an Integra is a perfect setup as I experienced on my buddy Ben's GSR with stock shocks/spings and an ASR rear brace and 24mm bar. Granted, the Civics are lighter than the Integras, so you might be able to get away with a 24mm front and 19mm rear.

I drove an Integra with the 99-00 Si front bar and ASR 24mm rear bar and found that it had way more understeer than I care for. I personally like a little oversteer so I can plant my foot on the throttle right after the apex of the corner and straighten out that way. Not to mention, oversteer is easier to correct than understeer, especially at speed.