Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By EJ1_MK
#274957 Ok well it sounds like you have some looking to do, I spent many days looking into all these brand that have been mentioned so far.

I have the Pro-C from Skunk2 and love them. I have all their pro series stuff on my car and you can look at my build page and see that I am sitting pretty damn low. I could go lower but there is no point I am setting mine up for road racing and until I am on the track every week I did not want to spend 2g plus on full bodies. I will admit that the adjustment on the skunks is amazing and every time you turn the damping up a notch you can really tell the difference. It is almost hard to drive on the streets around here anymore the way it is set up now. But that is what I am going for.

Take your time look at different sites and reviews on each product you look at.

As for skunk2 struts they did have that issue for a while but the coil overs are completely different design then the struts.
By Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty
EJ1_MK wrote:Ok well it sounds like you have some looking to do, I spent many days looking into all these brand that have been mentioned so far.

I have the Pro-C from Skunk2 and love them. I have all their pro series stuff on my car and you can look at my build page and see that I am sitting pretty damn low. I could go lower but there is no point I am setting mine up for road racing and until I am on the track every week I did not want to spend 2g plus on full bodies. I will admit that the adjustment on the skunks is amazing and every time you turn the damping up a notch you can really tell the difference. It is almost hard to drive on the streets around here anymore the way it is set up now. But that is what I am going for.

Take your time look at different sites and reviews on each product you look at.

As for skunk2 struts they did have that issue for a while but the coil overs are completely different design then the struts.

thanks for the info man... im looking into buying some coilovers and im stuck with skunk2, progress, or F & F
By OmarG
#275027 I'm pretty much in the same boat. I REALLY don't mean to threadjack, but I don't want to get yelled at for opening another thread. My current setup is KYB AGX's on ebay coils. I originally had them on my B16 Del Slo and it handled like a DREAM. (Compared to my other rides) I had the dampening on the stiffest setting and I loved it. I swapped the suspension onto my coupe when I got it and blew the front struts within a week. Since the struts blew, I figured, the hell with it, and bottomed out my coils, completely dumping the ride.

Now that I'm sitting so low, I NEVER want to go any higher. I don't mind a stiff ride at all. In fact, I prefer it. I'd rather feel a jolt when I hit dips and clear shit, than bounce around and scrape on EVERYTHING on the way down. Secondly, I don't want to have to keep buying struts either, and my roads down here in bumfuck nowhere Texas are HORRIBLE. Windy (fun) backroads that look like they were paved in the 1800's. Half the time you can't tell if there's a massive pothole in your way until you hit it. Anyways. Any suggestions?

Again, sorry to thread jack.
By EJ1_MK
#275028 There are a ton already in the thread. you just going to have to figure out which ones you want and what price you want to spend on them. Some will ride nice and let you be dumped others will ride very stiff and be dumped. Just have to look through and find ones that you can afford and work for what you want
By Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty
#275077 i just need something better than the no namers i have on my car... which bounce more than a pair of DD's :lol:
By eg-guy
OmarG wrote:I'm pretty much in the same boat. I REALLY don't mean to threadjack, but I don't want to get yelled at for opening another thread. My current setup is KYB AGX's on ebay coils. I originally had them on my B16 Del Slo and it handled like a DREAM. (Compared to my other rides) I had the dampening on the stiffest setting and I loved it. I swapped the suspension onto my coupe when I got it and blew the front struts within a week. Since the struts blew, I figured, the hell with it, and bottomed out my coils, completely dumping the ride.

Now that I'm sitting so low, I NEVER want to go any higher. I don't mind a stiff ride at all. In fact, I prefer it. I'd rather feel a jolt when I hit dips and clear shit, than bounce around and scrape on EVERYTHING on the way down. Secondly, I don't want to have to keep buying struts either, and my roads down here in bumfuck nowhere Texas are HORRIBLE. Windy (fun) backroads that look like they were paved in the 1800's. Half the time you can't tell if there's a massive pothole in your way until you hit it. Anyways. Any suggestions?

Again, sorry to thread jack.

no problem man, anyone in the same boat lol feel free to post. :thumb:

these look effin awesome for the price, and im almost set on buying these.
http://www.jshmotors.com/ksport-civic-i ... m_p221.php
By Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty
#275145 damn... them ksports look good! :thumb:
By EJ1_MK
#275164 Just remember this to all that are looking to buy Full bodied coil overs it is extremely important to look at the spring rates on all of these brands most lower end D2, K-Sport Skunk2 Pro-S, Function Form Type 1, etc should be and/or are 8k/6k which will ride quite nice for street use anything above that and I will tell you from experience with having Pro-C skunk2 that are 10k/8k are quite a bit stiffer and so are the shocks, so when my car hits a bump you can feel it through your entire body.

This is why I ask what are you looking to do with the car, because everyone is a little different and in different areas, Personally I can only stand to drive my car for 30 min or less, long drives are out of question unless its going on a trailer. My Pro-S that I had before were perfect for around town. You will find that most reviews on these brands are great and there are some people that just prefer one company more than another.

D2 and K-Sport come out of the same factory so the lower end models are the same just different colors and yes this is a known fact. Progress has been around for well over 15 years and do not think that just because they do not have the ride height adjustment like most others you can do this by the spring and they will still ride smooth and improve handling, they do know what they are doing.

Anything above 1100 dollar range will be more for track and race setups and be valved quite a bit more aggressively than the 900> under range models.

If you want to know more just ask I have looked in to and am known in my area and group of friends as the suspension whore because that is all that I read about every day. And along with that I have contacted most of these companies before I redid my suspension on my EJ1 this last spring.
By Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty
#275172 im just trying to dump my car for meets and shows.. :lol:
make it more functional when im racing :thumb:
By EJ1_MK
Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty wrote:im just trying to dump my car for meets and shows.. :lol:

Well its either one or the other, you not going to want to adjust your suspension all the time just to get the right look. Promise you that. It is enough to adjust them just to keep the ride height ride all the way around the car. I am more flush than any other car in my area and I know it can out handle any dumped hellaflush claiming car owner.
By Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty
EJ1_MK wrote:
Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty wrote:im just trying to dump my car for meets and shows.. :lol:

Well its either one or the other, you not going to want to adjust your suspension all the time just to get the right look. Promise you that. It is enough to adjust them just to keep the ride height ride all the way around the car. I am more flush than any other car in my area and I know it can out handle any dumped hellaflush claiming car owner.

yea i think im just gonna dump it! :weee:
By eg-guy
#277403 Ive come down to these three. I like the ksports but from what ive read bound and rebound should be adjustable seperately not together.

http://farnorthracing.com/autocross_secrets6.html

I'm ordering coilovers today/tomarrow, need honest input.

1. function and form type 1, (unknown spring rate)

2. blox competition series coilover, 12k 10k ($60 price difference)

3. or koni/gc with tophats, but i'll have to order in pieces. (shocks then sleeves, and finally tophats) only question i have is will my cheap sleeve overs fit on these struts until i can get the ground controls?
By Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty
eg-guy wrote:Ive come down to these three. I like the ksports but from what ive read bound and rebound should be adjustable seperately not together.

http://farnorthracing.com/autocross_secrets6.html

I'm ordering coilovers today/tomarrow, need honest input.

1. function and form type 1, (unknown spring rate)

2. blox competition series coilover, 12k 10k ($60 price difference)

3. or koni/gc with tophats, but i'll have to order in pieces. (shocks then sleeves, and finally tophats) only question i have is will my cheap sleeve overs fit on these struts until i can get the ground controls?

By bks84
#277409 Of those three, the Koni/GC combo is the only one I'd consider.
By KinDx
#277497 looking forward on this thread : )