Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By ForneyHatch
#268644 I plan on putting LCA bushings in my swapped Integra rear suspension components. I'd like to get some aftermarket LCA's with poly bushings, but I don't know if its beneficial? Does an aftermarket LCA like Omni Power or Skunk2 make a real difference in performance. Is it just a cosmetic thing? I know that these aftermarket pieces are lighter, stronger, and look awesome, but will these parts be better than me just replacing my worn out rubber bushings with polyurethane bushings. I'm looking for more function than looks. I plan on doing the monumental task of replacing all my bushings with the Civic Master Polyurethane kit this week. I'm not looking forward to it. Anyone have any theories or facts to school me? Thanks
By Fada Blayne
#268661 if your seeking more function than looks id honestly suggest just replacing the bushings yourself. But to answer your question they do make a difference... Remember that the LCA is a critical suspension component and that the bushings are located at very high stress points.

When you buy the LCA you're also buying bushings. Function7 bushings are the only ones worth buying; Ebay, Blox, Skunk2 -- all have terrible bushings that will only last 6-24 mo. After that you'll be either pressing in new bushings or buying new LCA's. The advantages of the F7 are 1) more reliable bushings 2) easier to replace bushings 3) lifetime warranty. I've also heard that there are some problematic design faults with the LCAs themselves on the cheaper brands, although I don't know the details.
By ForneyHatch
#268663 thanks for your comment. That really helped.
By Ajax1989
Fada Blayne wrote:if your seeking more function than looks id honestly suggest just replacing the bushings yourself. But to answer your question they do make a difference... Remember that the LCA is a critical suspension component and that the bushings are located at very high stress points.

When you buy the LCA you're also buying bushings. Function7 bushings are the only ones worth buying; Ebay, Blox, Skunk2 -- all have terrible bushings that will only last 6-24 mo. After that you'll be either pressing in new bushings or buying new LCA's. The advantages of the F7 are 1) more reliable bushings 2) easier to replace bushings 3) lifetime warranty. I've also heard that there are some problematic design faults with the LCAs themselves on the cheaper brands, although I don't know the details.

thats all matter of opinion...

buddy club, junk 2(sadly), blackworks, function 7, funtion form... all have good LCA's... it all depends on wat you do with your car

STAY AWAY FROM BLOX <----------------------- the best advice anyone will evr give you about LCA's
By ForneyHatch
#268676 I want to setup my car for autocross and roadracing and need good LCA setup for that
By Ajax1989
ForneyHatch wrote:I want to setup my car for autocross and roadracing and need good LCA setup for that

everything i mention are good... its just a matter prefrence...

id choose blackworks and buddy clubs over anything else
By Eg6H2D
#269978 Another thing with the skunk2 LCA is there alot of replicated fakes out there using inferior metals and bushing to eventually to the buyer of the fake stuff will in turn give SKUNK2 a bad name.. go on the sight and learn how defferentiate the real vs. fakes.. now the Skunk2 has a new Design on their bushings which in turn make them better!!! material wise!!

:thumb:
By Fada Blayne
#270074 nothing beats a lifetime warranty mannnn :lol: