Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By 92dxeg
#268175 so any way i think i am having some axles issues. i was driving and my car sounds like it needs a wheel bearing on my passanger side but i just did that a few weeks ago and its new. so i check it out to day at work what the issue could be. i could pull me axle out like 2 inces or more out of the trans side could this be it? why would the car pull to the right? it being not lock in could it have dmg the axle causing it to pull to the right and make the noise? how could the locking pin just brake ? could it be any thing in the trans braking the locking pin ? those are my questions
By RWMIII
#268179 Pulling is almost always the result of increased drag or decreased thrust on one front wheel.

How old is the axle? Has it ever been replaced? If not then I would install a new one. The axle being able to move in and out of the transmission could of caused the locking pin to break from the in and out movement while driving. When you replaced the wheel bearing did you remove the axle from that side?

btw: what kind of noise? a knock? a growl?
By 92dxeg
#268190 it was a used axle a put in cuz my old one was beat. and the knoise goes wit the rotation of the tire
By 92dxeg
#268239 you hear it more at higer speeds not during conrnering really only in a stright line
By mr67volks
#268269 is it a woop woop woop sound? how are your tires i know when i chanfed my tires to a diffrent treat i was getting what sounded like a bad bearing and it didnt have it be fore i changed back to the old tires and it was gone , have you changed tires latel ?
By 92dxeg
#268325 so found the prob today guys . took the axle off and the in cv joint pulledapart i could pull the axle in two pices all the back on my new wheel bearing fell apart and i could see inside the wheel bearing .