Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By neo27ny
#266565 I put in new kyb replacement shock/struts in the back. I have energy suspension bushings installed. My problem is after I installed them with the weight of the car on them, I have a gap between the nut and washer. It is causing the car to bounce. My question is what parts are needed for a complete upper mount? I thought I put everything back in the correct order. Does anyone have a pic of a complete assembly for reference.
By kingjmack
neo27ny wrote:My problem is after I installed them with the weight of the car on them, I have a gap between the nut and washer.

Are you talking about on the upper mount in the trunk? Or where the strut bolts to the LCA?
By kingjmack
RWMIII wrote::headscratch:

I think he is talking about reassembling the strut assembly itself.

Gotcha.

neo27ny - can you post any pics?
By kingjmack
#266576 Here is a pic from a online microfiche. Hope it helps.

By kingjmack
RWMIII wrote:here is how to reassemble the rear struts:

LOL! You beat me to it!

I was looking for the pic, and didn't check to see if anyone posted it. I couldn't remember the url for majestic honda and had to look through some old links.

Where did you source your pic from? It has more detail on what the parts are.
Last edited by kingjmack on Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
By neo27ny
kingjmack wrote:Here is a pic from a online microfiche. Hope it helps.

I took it back apart and compared it to the chart. #13 wasn't installed because I put it back the way it was and there wasn't originally a second bushing installed. Also I never put #2 back in, this gave the #13 bushing something to torque to now it doesn't have play in the top nut.
I don't have the dust covers on cause they were pretty rotted. I have one question, if I can't find the other washer #2 for the other side can I use something from the hardware store? They are a pretty thick washer, I'm concerned about strength and holding up. Energy suspension didn't include instructions for putting the strut assembly back together so I basically put it back together in reverse order. Now I just need to see if I made the same mistake on the other side. Does this seem correct?
By RWMIII
#272336 yes. just try to get something as thick or double them up if you have to.
By neo27ny
#272343 Nice thanks. Car should be driveable after I get this done. :thumb: