Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By TrailerTrash
#263091 My coupe is lowered with DropZone coilovers on Skunk2 struts and I have noname/ebay front upper control arms/camber kit very similar to these
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-RED- ... ccessories

The problem is the edge of the arm next to the ball joint is bottoming out on the body next to where the strut is mounted. My car isn't even all that low it's just barely tucking 175/75/13s and it bottoms out constanly. theres people around here that are a hell of alot lower than me but idk how they run like that.

I've read about this beforeawhile back and ive searched around but I cant seem to find any answers or remember anything I read about it lol Anybody got any advice for me? I really like how my is sitting so i would rather not raise it up :?
By Greasedmonkey
#263100 you are most likely hitting the pinch weld. Why not get under the car and check.
By Ajax1989
#263120 GET RID OF THEM CAMBER KITS NOW!!!!!!!!!

i just took mine off like 30 mins ago
cuz the bolts fell out and the weld snapped in half
and fell all apart on me
there POS'S
By TrailerTrash
Greasedmonkey wrote:you are most likely hitting the pinch weld. Why not get under the car and check.

I know where its hitting. the paint is worn off the edge of the arm theres marks on the body where its hitting
By Greasedmonkey
#263140 Is it hitting the pinch weld just above the tire? If so, you wont get around that with out either beating it flat or taking off the arm.
By blk92hb
GET RID OF THEM CAMBER KITS NOW!!!!!!!!!

and fell all apart on me
there POS'S

are you talking about the bolt thats in the ball joint or all for bolts thta hold the ball joint??????
By Ajax1989
blk92hb wrote:
GET RID OF THEM CAMBER KITS NOW!!!!!!!!!

and fell all apart on me
there POS'S

are you talking about the bolt thats in the ball joint or all for bolts thta hold the ball joint??????

im talking bout the 4 lil bolts that u tighten to adjust the camber with
By Vti93T
#263246 I ended up putting some thick sticky foam on my upper control arms because the bolts/rivets whatever were punching holes in my shock tower from being too low..the foam helped a lot lol
By TrailerTrash
94_jdm_ferio wrote:GET RID OF THEM CAMBER KITS NOW!!!!!!!!!

and fell all apart on me
there POS'S

No worries I already replaced them with quality bolts/washers/nuts

Greasedmonkey wrote:Is it hitting the pinch weld just above the tire? If so, you wont get around that with out either beating it flat or taking off the arm.

no its hitting the inside of the shock tower as said below:thumbdown:

Vti93T wrote:I ended up putting some thick sticky foam on my upper control arms because the bolts/rivets whatever were punching holes in my shock tower from being too low..the foam helped a lot lol

I am going to try to jerry rig something along those lines with some cut to size bumpstops. will post pics if its not too embarrassing of a setup :lol:
By Greasedmonkey
#263287 You said you werent that low...how are you hitting the shock towers?

As for the bolts that hold the ball joint. If you notice the way SKunk2 fixed the hole punching issue, that should help you with yours somewhat. Add to that the padding and you should be decently fine. :?
By TrailerTrash
#264120 I ended up cutting a heater core hose up and using 4 zipties to hold it in place. makes a world of difference

By eg-guy
#265101 ^^^u should put a pin in that nut :thumb: dont want it coming loose on the highway. :cry:
By TrailerTrash
#265126 theres a pin it in now lol that was during reassembly
By -paul
#265239 I had the same issue, but I found that the bolts in bushes attached to the shock tower underneath, became loose. Thus allowing the arm to move pretty much freely.

Might be worth checking those too.