Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By jdmdx93
#260258 whenever i turn right, or slow down from third to 2nd my car creaks. a loud eiry creaking noise that doesnt make me feel safe, any ideas to what the problem could be? help is much appreciated
By newbie101
#260259 It may be an LCA, thats what it was for me. Does it ever pop or is it just creaking?
By jdmdx93
#260266 pop like, whenever down shifting and the car pulls up it makes a quick creaking pop noise? and lca?
By eggman95
#260274 My hb just started making the same sorta noise coming from the front right suspension sorta loud ass creak LCA= lower control arm.
By jdmdx93
#260566 as of right now im told its a lower control arm bushing thats causing the noise, i just hope its the cause of my car not wanting to take right turns because i cant keep takin turns like im driving a continental haha
By EJ1_MK
#262897 It is the bushing that the strut bolts too. It is known to go out after 200+ miles, friends car did the same thing and shook when he drove on the highway. It could also be if your suspension is completely stock that one of the struts is starting to go out or your pillow ball mount at the top of the strut there is rubber up there that gets warn out after awhile.

Can you re-create the noise my pressing down on the front end of the car or pulling up on the fender. or even try standing in the trunk and kind of bouncing the car with someone near the front.

I just replaced all my bushings on my coupe and the stock ones all fell right out after 205,000 miles on them so I cant imagine going any longer on factory bushings.
By bks84
#264702 Ive never experienced a bushing causing the noise, etc.

My vote is Tie Rods or Ball Joints. When I bought my 94 it had a serious creaking coming from the front end. It was overlooked by the alignment text twice because he couldnt recreate it.

It had no play (up/down) but would creak when turning left or right.

Get the ball joints and tie rods checked.