Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By rmp705
#260124 i have a coil over kit but i am reading that they arent that good
if not what is a good company and set up that i should go with

and should i have a camber kit with the coil overs?

thank you
By kingjmack
#260148 Right now, i actually have ebay springs on stock struts and it's not that bad of a ride. It can get a little bouncy, but nothing I can't live with. If I had it to do all over, id cut the stock springs until I could save for some good quality coilovers, or a spring/shock combo. Why? The ebay springs gave me the lowered look I wanted, but the spring rate is soooooooooooo soft, rough roads can suck.
By 603 jdm
#260832 not t add in on his postbut would it kill the struts if icut my springs down lik 2 t 2 1/2 iches all around. my suspension is already pretty soft anyways.
By Ajax1989
#260877 fucntion form type 1's are good and cheap :thumb:
By 706josh
#260946 Cut springs are gonna kill your ride and your tires. Makes the camber off. Also screws with the spring rate. :thumbdown: Just save up $175 and get some Skunk2 springs.
By 603 jdm
#260971 id love to pick up some ff1's
By TrailerTrash
706josh wrote:Cut springs are gonna kill your ride and your tires. Makes the camber off. Also screws with the spring rate. :thumbdown: Just save up $175 and get some Skunk2 springs.

or save up a little more money and get ome skunk2 struts and dropzone coilovers
By dawg316
#261002 read it on here a while ago but some one posted about buying good shocks (example. KYB AGX ) and just using ebay coil sleves on them.

if you ask me. dont cheap out and get the good stuff the first time. usualy cheaper that way too :D :woot:
By EJ1_MK
#262896 All depends on what you want to do with the car if it is your DD then I would go with springs and shocks from any company. Cutting springs is bad and even if some says they have done it before it is not safe to do. If you want more aggressive then go with a aftermarket strut and a sleeve over coil over kit, and you can get different spring rates most of the time. More than that just buy a set of Full bodies.

Full Bodies are going to be the most adjustable but you will want to buy camber kits and get it alignment when you do anything. DO not be fooled you can run your car with camber but your tires will wear out faster PERIOD. There are several good brands of full body coil overs out there D2, K Sport, Function Form, Skunk2, Buddy Club, Maegan Racing, etc. All depends on where you want to go with your car as well.
By Civic_HatchSI
#265387 Yonaka Motorsports makes a nice full coilover for a decent price. I just put a set on my ek.

I would also recommend Ksport. I have ran two sets one on my sir-s and evolution. Also good prices and you can chose your spring rate.
By RWMIII
dawg316 wrote:read it on here a while ago but some one posted about buying good shocks (example. KYB AGX ) and just using ebay coil sleves on them.

I have new KYBs with no name coilovers, its on my coupe dd. Ride is fine. Holding up well too, 6 months and alot of mileage on them.
By Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty
#265516 look up blox coilovers... good for the price
By bks84
#266034 you dont need a camber kit, you simply need a good alignment.
By Ajax1989
#266134 camber WILL eat ur tires.....

its the toe that gets to it 1st...
so if u want very lil i mean lil tire wear then
yes a camber kit would be nesseary

but if u dont mind replaceing tires often
then no camber kit is needed