Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By coldvision2000
#258285 Hi all I want to know what you think of h and r springs and if you have any on your eg's can you post a pic. I’m thinking of getting the sports set to get a nice drop (1.8 in the front and 1.6 in the rear) I had eibachs on my coupe but didn’t like the way it sat the front was low but the rear was really high I don’t have money to afford coil over’s and stuff just looking and springs if you have any suggestions please tell me also would I need a camber kit going that low with the H & R springs thanks sorry for the long intro
By Gustavo
coldvision2000 wrote:Hey Thanks Gustavo :)

No prob.
By Sonic_Blue_EG8
#258413 I've had H&R Sport springs with Tokico blues for 10 years now. Pics can be found here:http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=16739. As far as the camber kit goes, you definitely don't need one. I had inner tire wear for a long time but it wasn't because of camber. Toe is the killer. Ever since I maintained the toe, no more uneven tire wear. Learned that from being on this site in fact! :thumb:
By coldvision2000
#258480 Thanks for the info guys im going to check out the cup kit when i get a chance but for now I have my eyes on the sport springs would these work with stock struts ? my eibachs did for well over a couple of years
By coldvision2000
#258629 Hi Gustavo did you have your springs on stock struts ?
By Gustavo
coldvision2000 wrote:Hi Gustavo did you have your springs on stock struts ?

No I have KYB struts with H&R lowering springs. It drives real good it's not bouncy at all.
By Eg6H2D
Sonic_Blue_EG8 wrote:I've had H&R Sport springs with Tokico blues for 10 years now. Pics can be found here:http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=16739. As far as the camber kit goes, you definitely don't need one. I had inner tire wear for a long time but it wasn't because of camber. Toe is the killer. Ever since I maintained the toe, no more uneven tire wear. Learned that from being on this site in fact! :thumb:

:thumb: :woot: :woot: :woot:
By cody27
#267838 im running tokico blues with H&R sport springs from an EF...just change the fork on the front struts, as for camber issues i did the poor mans rear camber kit [a few washers] as for the front i put my magnetic angle gauge on the front wheel and had just short of 1 degree negative camber which after a year hasnt appeared to cause any issues so ive just left the fronts alone

if your still lookin for pics i can snap some......not sure whether ya said you have HB or CPE but mines a coupe so pics may not help ya much if your a HB

keep in mind the rear is always gunna sit a bit higher with just struts and springs.....if ya want equally tucked F & R your gunna have to cough up for coilovers